Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to upgrade to vBulletin 4.0.2 from vBulletin 4.0.1?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] How to upgrade to vBulletin 4.0.2 from vBulletin 4.0.1?

    Thanks!
    sigpic

  • #2
    it should be similar to http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...e-Instructions

    Comment


    • #3
      How to upgrade to vBulletin 4.0.2 from vBulletin 4.0.1?
      Upload all the files (Except image files).
      http://mydomain.com/myforum/install/upgrade.php


      vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

      Comment


      • #4
        Here's how I do it each time:
        -make a backup of database and forum folder.
        -specifically backup the index.php file in the forum home and config.php file in the includes folder.
        -download the 4.0.2 zip file and unzip.
        -add the lines from my old index.php file to the new one.
        -copy my config.php file to the new includes folder (this step usually isn't needed).
        -delete the install.php file in the install folder.
        -change the upload folder to the name of the forum folder and zip it.
        -upload the new zip file to the web root folder (or the folder above the forum folder).
        -turn off the vbulletin site.
        -disable all plugins. (I occasionally forget this step but never had to redo the install because of it)
        -extract (unzip/unpack) the folder.zip file so that it rewrites over all old files.
        -run the upgrade.php file.
        -revert templates.
        -enable all plugins.
        -check that everything appears to be working.
        -turn on the vbulletin site.
        -wait patiently for your styles and mods to be updated to the new version.
        -DONE.

        I usually run this all through my test forums first to see what problems I may encounter. I just finished my upgrade and no problems so far. My templates are a bit off, but no biggie. Stuff appears to be working.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sarcoth View Post
          I usually run this all through my test forums first
          I've never done an upgrade in 8 years without doing that...
          Vote for:

          - *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

          Comment


          • #6
            Thank you very much!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sarcoth View Post
              Here's how I do it each time:
              -make a backup of database and forum folder.
              -specifically backup the index.php file in the forum home and config.php file in the includes folder.
              -download the 4.0.2 zip file and unzip.
              -add the lines from my old index.php file to the new one.
              -copy my config.php file to the new includes folder (this step usually isn't needed).
              -delete the install.php file in the install folder.
              -change the upload folder to the name of the forum folder and zip it.
              -upload the new zip file to the web root folder (or the folder above the forum folder).
              -turn off the vbulletin site.
              -disable all plugins. (I occasionally forget this step but never had to redo the install because of it)
              -extract (unzip/unpack) the folder.zip file so that it rewrites over all old files.
              -run the upgrade.php file.
              -revert templates.
              -enable all plugins.
              -check that everything appears to be working.
              -turn on the vbulletin site.
              -wait patiently for your styles and mods to be updated to the new version.
              -DONE.

              I usually run this all through my test forums first to see what problems I may encounter. I just finished my upgrade and no problems so far. My templates are a bit off, but no biggie. Stuff appears to be working.
              I've just upgraded my forum, thanks a lot!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                I've never done an upgrade in 8 years without doing that...
                I never did that until 4.x. Now it's a must.
                ...steven
                www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by steven s View Post
                  I never did that until 4.x. Now it's a must.
                  Oh, my! I've just upgraded my forum without doing that. Am I on a great risk?
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi! I just upgraded to 4.0.2 but the forum is still showing 4.0.1.
                    do I need to edit anything else?
                    broncha
                    rajesharma.com
                    Follow my tweets

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Then a step has been missed somewhere. Did you upload all the files and run install/upgrade.php? Were there any errors on any of the steps as you ran through?
                      Vote for:

                      - *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                      -
                      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                      - "Quick Route" Interface...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        @trevor No it didn,t show me any error. and all the processes went through properly.
                        BTW how many steps are involved? I had 8 steps.
                        broncha
                        rajesharma.com
                        Follow my tweets

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Upgraded and everything is just all right.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            OK went well in the second try!!
                            One thing.
                            While I had 4.0.1 the custom css templates I created were automatically loaded BUT after upgrading I see that the templates are there but are not being loaded.
                            What could be the reason?

                            Silly question.Figured it out.Thanks !!
                            Last edited by broncha; Mon 1 Mar '10, 3:04pm. Reason: SOlved
                            broncha
                            rajesharma.com
                            Follow my tweets

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by broncha View Post
                              OK went well in the second try!!
                              One thing.
                              While I had 4.0.1 the custom css templates I created were automatically loaded BUT after upgrading I see that the templates are there but are not being loaded.
                              What could be the reason?

                              Silly question.Figured it out.Thanks !!
                              I'm glad to hear about that.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X