Forum errors after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suite] Forum errors after upgrade

I just upgraded my test server to VB4 but now there appears to be several errors. The first one is at the top of the page and is present always

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3895

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(1133) : eval()'d code on line 4
    The other one appears after I log in

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/stormov1/public_html/TestVB/includes/class_core.php
    Line: 4372
    and this one when I try to acess a thread

Warning
    : fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3895

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(1133) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(1133) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:4372) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3736

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [path]/includes/class_core.php:4372) in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3737
    I'm going to assume this is all releated to one problem, most likely something I forgot to do. The upgrade process appeared to go fine.....

Disable all your plugins/products except the Blog and CMS. And when I say disable them ALL, I mean all the products on the Manage Products page (except the Blog and CMS products) AND all the plugins in the Plugin Manager (except those associated with the Blog and CMS). You must do BOTH (I can't emphasize that enough). Now see if you still have the same problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

First question: Do you have any plugins/products enabled?

If so, disable them in config.php and see what happens

Comment

I don't recalll having any plugins and I didn't see any in the config.php file.

Comment

Originally posted by MarineCorps View Post
          I don't recalll having any plugins and I didn't see any in the config.php file.
          OK, fine. But, you may want to do what I suggested anyway just to be sure.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
            OK, fine. But, you may want to do what I suggested anyway just to be sure.
            Can't acess the AdminCP. As soon as I log in I get

File: /home/stormov1/public_html/TestVB/includes/class_core.php

Comment

Then first disable the plugins through the config.php file:
              Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
              define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi Lynne, I seem to have a similar problem. I have added your suggested line to my config.php, but the error isn't changing.

I get
                Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/a/m/e/americanmommy/html/forums/includes/config.php:1) in /home/content/a/m/e/americanmommy/html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 3736

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/a/m/e/americanmommy/html/forums/includes/config.php:1) in /home/content/a/m/e/americanmommy/html/forums/includes/functions.php on line 3737
                Laura

Site Admin of www.TheAmericanMommy.com and a local mommy group site. Both are Free groups open to moms.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                  Then first disable the plugins through the config.php file:
                  Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
                  define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
                  Hmm, I used the find feature on my text editor and it can't find the </php line nor can I find it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarineCorps View Post
                    Hmm, I used the find feature on my text editor and it can't find the </php line nor can I find it.
                    Which text editor are you using?

Do not use notepad - preferably a PHP editor (Dreamweaver?) or similar - and it should be the very first line.

Comment

I use editpad lite. I ditched notepad many years ago And so it is there. Missed it. And it fixed my problems. Much thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MarylandMommy View Post
                        Hi Lynne, I seem to have a similar problem. I have added your suggested line to my config.php, but the error isn't changing.

I get
                        Your's looks like an issue with your config.php file. Make sure you edit it with a text editor like notepad or it will add little *unseen* characters into the file and cause problems like what you are seeing.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I've actually completely redone my config.php file (started with config.php.new and started all over). I've gotten through my earlier problem, but now get

Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 3895

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/a/m/e/americanmommy/html/global.php(603) : eval()'d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/a/m/e/americanmommy/html/global.php(656) : eval()'d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/a/m/e/americanmommy/html/global.php(832) : eval()'d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/content/a/m/e/americanmommy/html/global.php(833) : eval()'d code on line 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home/content/a/m/e/americanmommy/html/global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 1
                          vBulletin Message

File: /home/content/a/m/e/americanmommy/html/includes/class_core.php

I've tried both adding the above referenced line and taking it out. I'm using EditPlus as a php editor.
                          Laura

Site Admin of www.TheAmericanMommy.com and a local mommy group site. Both are Free groups open to moms.

Comment

Can you copy and paste everything down to this line in your config.php file here please:

Code:
                             // ****** DATABASE TYPE ******
                            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                            -
                            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X