No announcement yet.

Problem upgrading to 4.0: "Unable to add cookies, header already sent."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suite] Problem upgrading to 4.0: "Unable to add cookies, header already sent."

This one has me stumped. I have no plugins installed except the ones that come with vBulletin (Blog and CMS). When I try to access the CMS or forum, I get a lot of spew at the top of the page. Here's a sampling of it:
    array(41) { ["userid"]=> int(0) ["usergroupid"]=> int(1) ["username"]=> string(12) "Unregistered" ["password"]=> string(0) "" ["email"]=> string(0) "" ["styleid"]=> string(1) "0" ["languageid"]=> string(1) "1" ["lastactivity"]=> int(1262533107) ["daysprune"]=> int(0) ["timezoneoffset"]=> int(-8) ["dstonoff"]=> int(1) ["showsignatures"]=> int(1) ["showavatars"]=> int(1) ["showimages"]=> int(1) ["showusercss"]=> int(1) ["dstauto"]=> int(0) ["maxposts"]=> int(-1) ["startofweek"]=> int(1) ["threadedmode"]=> int(0) ["securitytoken"]=> string(5) "guest" ["securitytoken_raw"]=> string(5) "guest" ["options"]=> int(1048647) ["lang_options"]=> string(1) "1" ["lang_code"]=> string(2) "en" ["lang_charset"]=> string(10) "ISO-8859-1" ["lang_locale"]=> string(0)
    If I'm logged in as a registered user, I also get this error message:

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /var/www/shoryuken.com/html/global.php(28) : eval()'d code
    Line: 10
    When I disable hooks through config.php, both these problems go away, but once again I'm not using any extra plugins at all. Here's what I did to get to this state:

1) Uninstalled all mods and plugins from admincp
    2) Disabled hooks in config.php for good measure
    3) Ran the upgrade script to upgrade from 3.8.4 to 4.0

Any help would be appreciated.

Disable all your plugins/products except the Blog and CMS. And when I say disable them ALL, I mean all the products on the Manage Products page (except the Blog and CMS products) AND all the plugins in the Plugin Manager (except those associated with the Blog and CMS). You must do BOTH (I can't emphasize that enough). Now see if you still have the same problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Disable all your plugins/products except the Blog and CMS. And when I say disable them ALL, I mean all the products on the Manage Products page (except the Blog and CMS products) AND all the plugins in the Plugin Manager (except those associated with the Blog and CMS). You must do BOTH (I can't emphasize that enough). Now see if you still have the same problem.
      Thanks for the reply. I actually uninstalled ALL products and plugins before doing the upgrade. So there is absolutely nothing in either the Manage Products or Plugin Manager pages except the vBulletin, vBulletin Blog, and vBulletin CMS products/plugins.

Comment

Ok, guess I'm still hungover from New Years. I double checked and I didn't install one plugin. Thx for the help Lynne

Comment

I am having the same problem , but I can't login to admincp to check plugins & products. Any other way?
          Boards IrEland
          TopLists-add your site

Comment

Originally posted by inkblot View Post
            Ok, guess I'm still hungover from New Years. I double checked and I didn't install one plugin. Thx for the help Lynne
            Just to verify.... if you disable the plugins via the config file, then you are OK? You said "Plugin Manager pages except the vBulletin, vBulletin Blog, and vBulletin CMS products/plugins".... is there *anything* under the vbulletin heading at all? If so, disable it/them.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Beller View Post
              I am having the same problem , but I can't login to admincp to check plugins & products. Any other way?
              To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
              define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X