Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upgrade_400a1.php?step=8 - Could not create file system directory to hold your attach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] upgrade_400a1.php?step=8 - Could not create file system directory to hold your attach

On upgrade step upgrade_400a1.php?step=8 some people are getting this error:

Could not create file system directory to hold your attachment.
    In my experience this error is caused by one of two things:

1) Attachments are being stored in the file system but the storage directory isn't fully writable. You can run this shell command to make it fully writable and fix the problem:

chmod -R 777 path/to/attachments

2) Attachments are being stored in the file system and the storage path is wrong:

Admin CP -> Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type

Fix the path to fix the error. Maybe you forgot to update the path after a server move or something.

Thanks Jake : )

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Need Help?, Or P.M. Me

Comment

My Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at images/attachments

chmod is 777 for attacments directory.

Yet, I am getting:
      Step 8) Albums System Alterations
      Moving picture 1 into the Attachment System

Fatal error: Class 'vB_DataManager_attachmentfiledata' not found in /var/srv/www/vbulletin/includes/functions.php on line 135

Comment

Originally posted by Sax on the Web View Post
        My Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at images/attachments

chmod is 777 for attacments directory.

Yet, I am getting:
        Step 8) Albums System Alterations
        Moving picture 1 into the Attachment System

Fatal error: Class 'vB_DataManager_attachmentfiledata' not found in /var/srv/www/vbulletin/includes/functions.php on line 135
        getting same error, any fix

Comment

These are different problems and not related to Jake's original post - samii, you already have a thread on this to which I replied...
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post
            On upgrade step upgrade_400a1.php?step=8 some people are getting this error:

In my experience this error is caused by one of two things:

1) Attachments are being stored in the file system but the storage directory isn't fully writable. You can run this shell command to make it fully writable and fix the problem:

chmod -R 777 path/to/attachments

2) Attachments are being stored in the file system and the storage path is wrong:

Fix the path to fix the error. Maybe you forgot to update the path after a server move or something.
            I have this error.

I have setup a subdomain to act as a lab, I have made a copy of the old database into a new database and pointed config.php at it. What I am attempting to do is a "clean install" of vb4, but upgrading the database. So where did it get the path from that it attempted to write to?

How do I find out what path it is looking for given that I can't fire up admincp?

The error message could be more explicit - like stating the path with which it has the problem.
            When in doubt ... Format and Reload!

Comment

I have answered my own question...

There are two places that this info is stored - table called "settings" and a table called "datastore".
              Editing the settings table with phpMyAdmin was a doddle.... however the datastore entry was in the row "options" in a field called data. Editing this is not for the faint hearted. These appear to be ALL your options as set in admincp, in one long line, so be very very careful. Backup that table before you attempt anything.

From there the install went swimmingly until it came across (I think) a plugin which it didn't like and crashed the script completely. However, this was the object of this exercise, to find out what I would have to get rid of in order to keep the post history.
              When in doubt ... Format and Reload!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Bunce View Post

I did this mistake, get error on step 9 and 10.
                Now the forum is running but the attachments are missing. What can I do to repeat these steps?

Comment

i have a problem.

Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin5_turkish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='

url: http://www.site.com/install/upgrade_400a1.php?step=9

Comment

It seems there area several bugs on the installation. ┬┐Can we expect an updated download that fixes those installation problems even if the vB version is the same?
                    Vote for these issues:

Comment

Originally posted by F&R View Post
                      There are two places that this info is stored - table called "settings" and a table called "datastore".
                      Editing the settings table with phpMyAdmin was a doddle.... however the datastore entry was in the row "options" in a field called data. Editing this is not for the faint hearted. These appear to be ALL your options as set in admincp, in one long line, so be very very careful. Backup that table before you attempt anything.
                      I can confirm that this solution WORKS. I suggest that the vB devs look into this and alter the upgrade files so that the attachment path may be changed during upgrade. This is because there is no easy way to change this path when:

- Downloading a sql-file o the vB 3.x forum
                      - Uploading and importing sql-data on a separate host/website (did not want to upgrade the live website directly without going through the upgrade process on a test-installation first).
                      - Upgrading directly to vB 4 - cannot access the adminCP to change the attachment path without the old vB 3.x files.
                      meow

Comment

I had the very same problem. Thanks for the solution even if it is quite awkward.

Comment

Hi, Jake.

Can you look at Ticketid: 988121 ? I posted a follow up for you last night, but I am unsure whether or not you were notified or if you instant email is turned on. Thanks

DAVID COPELAND
                          Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
                          Celebrating 20 Years with VB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X