Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of announcement would include this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of announcement would include this?

I am working on my skin, and in template threadbit_announcementbit I found this block of code I cant seem to trigger.
    HTML Code:
    <if condition="$show['forumtitle']"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$announcement[forumid]">$announcement[forumtitle]</a> </if>
    I have removed the if condition around it, and placed it in a comment
    Code:
    <!-- <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$announcement[forumid]">$announcement[forumtitle]</a> -->
    But no matter how I set my announcement, I am not pulling any data in this snippet of code. Is there another announcement section I am missing? Other than announcement manager in the admincp.
    Code:
    <!-- <a href="forumdisplay.php?f="></a> -->

Appears to be for announcements that are set to a specific forum and to appear as a single thread.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

this is on the forumdisplay page, I'm unaware of anywhere else that uses that template

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	47
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	4441407Click image for larger version

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	46
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	4441405Click image for larger version

Name:	3.PNG
Views:	45
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	4441406

I have tried multiple announcements, stacking and unstacking announcements, viewing announcements, and Im at a stalemate.
      Attached Files

Comment

And what is the actual problem that the code causes?

Wayne Luke

Comment

its not causing a problem, The problem is I cant locate it on any page. Im trying to figure out where it displays. What page can I actually see this. this snippet from threadbit_announcement template

Code:
          <if condition="$show['forumtitle']"><a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$announcement[forumid]">$announcement[forumtitle]</a> </if>
          if you look at my previous screenshots you can see in the source, the variables are not being filled on the forumdisplay.php page
          so what page actually gives value to those variables?

I searched all templates, and see $announcebits is called in the announcements and search templates also, but I cant figure out how to search for announcements and I defiantly dont see this template being used in the announcement template unless I am missing something.

Comment

According to the PHP code, it should trigger on announcement.php where the forumid is greater than -1. I.E. if the announcement is within a specific forum. If it isn't triggering then there is a bug somewhere. However, since vBulletin 3.X is end of life and no longer in development, the bug will never be resolved.

Wayne Luke

Comment

thanks for digging Wayne, I just set an announcement on a forum, went to it I.E. announcement.php?a=9 and viewed the source. That template is not used on the page at all, therefor it seems to be just useless code, I'll include it in my custom template, just leave it commented out as a just in case.

Comment