X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d1man
    replied
    Originally posted by sexypbobb View Post
    Is there anyway I can get vBulletin 3.8.11 to work with php 7.3.11? These are the errors I am getting in install.php

Warning
    : Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in
    /home/xxx/community/install/init.php
    on line

Warning
    : Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in
    on line

Warning
    : Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in
    on line
    These are not errors, just warnings. You can disable them by adding at the top of index.php:

PHP Code:
    error_reporting(0);
    @
    ini_set('display_errors'0); 

Leave a comment:

• d1man
    replied
    I got php version 7.1.33 and im getting this error on step 2

Error description: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'xxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES) /home/xxx/public_html/community/includes/class_core.php on line 1210
    This error indicates that you have set incorrect database credentials (usually login or password). Please double-check the credentials and check this issue again.

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    replied
    I got php version 7.1.33 and im getting this error on step 2

Error description: mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/1045): Access denied for user 'xxx'@'localhost' (using password: YES) /home/xxx/public_html/community/includes/class_core.php on line 1210
    Last edited by sexypbobb; Wed 20 Nov '19, 3:23am.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Is there anyway I can get vBulletin 3.8.11 to work with php 7.3.11? These are the errors I am getting in install.php

Warning
    : Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in
    on line

Warning
    : Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in
    on line

Warning
    : Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in
    on line
    As stated you cannot use vBulletin 3 with php 7.3. It is not compatible. No further development work will be done on vBulletin 3 or vBulletin 4, as they are end of life. The current developed product is vBulletin 5.

If you run vBulletin 3.8.11, you can use it with php 7.1. You can ask your host if they can provide that version of php.

There certainly is a notice at the top of the forum explaining this, it is possible that you have dismissed the notice by clicking the 'X' on it at some point in the past.

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    replied

Warning
    on line

Warning
    on line

Warning
    on line

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    replied
    Sorry I didn't see the notice at the top

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Will vBulletin 3.8 work with php 7?
    Version 3.8.11 will work with php 7.1 (no higher).

Leave a comment:

• sexypbobb
    started a topic vBulletin and php 7

vBulletin and php 7

Will vBulletin 3.8 work with php 7?