X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i fix black symbol

When i change Html character set in utf8 ...forum shows a lot black symbol

Do you have any idea why ?

Those symbols are UTF-8 characters. They are displaying that way because you're not using a UTF-8 character set and/or font on your site. You need to tell your system to support UTF-8 characters.

Sometimes, this can be done simply by changing the HTML Character Set to UTF-8 in the AdminCP under Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager - Your Language -> Edit Settings. Sometimes it requires reconfiguring your entire database. Unfortunately, vBulletin 3 wasn't built with UTF-8 support in mind so there may be other side effects if you make these changes.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

The reason why i want to change in UTF-8 is here

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=327384

some users post the characters “” and “”, they now show with the following symbols: ë ç

Comment

You can use the following procedure but it will work correctly only on a new fresh install and new messages. Old messages will not be converted. I have been using UTF8 for many years on 3.8.x.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/show...43#post2600243

Comment

We don't have tools to do the conversion on vBulletin 3.8.X or vBulletin 4.X. We do have them to convert on vBulletin 5. You would have to use the above link to try and convert your database.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment