Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• webscience
    replied
    Thank you for the information. I'm not sure how I managed to miss that the blogs weren't working when I tested my local dev upgrade to 3.8.11.
    1. Is it possible to downgrade from 3.8.11 to 3.8.10 following an upgrade to 3.8.11 in order to restore blogs functionality? Were there any / many database changes from 10 to 11?
    2. Any suggestions as to where to start hacking the code to make it at the least read-only in 3.8.11?

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Originally posted by webscience View Post
    Just upgraded to Blog V2.0.6 and VB3.8.11.
    vB3 Blogs were basically discontinued after the updates for 3.8.10 (same with vB3 MAPI).

Its unlikely either will run with PHP 7 or 3.8.11.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    I'm pretty sure the vB3 blogs were never updated for later versions of php. It's a product we've not sold for almost nine years now, it was superseded by the vB4 suite.

Leave a comment:

• webscience
    replied
    vB3.8.11 on PHP5.6.31.

However I checked and get the same problem in 7.0, 7.1.

5.3, 5.4, 5.5 all give:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '*' in /www/diyaudio/diyaudio/diyaudio.com/htdocs/forums/includes/functions.php on line 1433

But that's I think just due to 3.8.11 being incompatible with 5.5 or under.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    What php version are you running?

Leave a comment:

• webscience
    replied
    Also getting stuff like this in the admind:

Code:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined method vB_DataManager::vB_DataManager() in ..../includes/class_dm_blog_category.php on line 65

Leave a comment:

• Blog: Unhandled BB Code Call : vB_BbCodeParser after upgrade

Just upgraded to Blog V2.0.6 and VB3.8.11. Getting this when trying to view any blog post.

Code:
    Fatal User Error: Unhandled BB Code Call : vB_BbCodeParser in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 170
    Trace Data: 
     #1 : vbstop() called in ..../includes/class_core.php on line 3749 #2 : vbulletin_error_handler() called in  on line  #3 : trigger_error() called in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 170 #4 : vB_BbCodeParser->__call() called in ..../includes/class_bbcode_blog.php on line 24 #5 : vB_BbCodeParser->vB_BbCodeParser() called in ..../includes/class_bbcode_blog.php on line 24 #6 : vB_BbCodeParser_Blog->vB_BbCodeParser_Blog() called in ..../includes/blog_functions.php on line 2944 #7 : parse_blog_description() called in ..../blog.php on line 1352 #8 : require(..../blog.php) called in ..../vbseo.php on line 1578   Var Type:  
     [ NULL ] 
    Var Data: 
     null