Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to use Impex but...what's the pass code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fratal
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Actually, we configured it to have a customizeable password. I'll probably write a better introductory during the next week. /*
    ###
    # Set this to some unique value. This value will be required as a password when entering the impex system.
    # If this is left blank you will not be able to access the impex system
    ###
    */

$impexconfig['passcode'] = 'test';

By default it is test, you should put some semi-secure password in there.

There we go. Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Actually, we configured it to have a customizeable password. I'll probably write a better introductory during the next week. /*
    ###
    # Set this to some unique value. This value will be required as a password when entering the impex system.
    # If this is left blank you will not be able to access the impex system
    ###
    */

$impexconfig['passcode'] = 'test';

By default it is test, you should put some semi-secure password in there.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    As far as I am aware the passcode should be blank. It could be #CUSTOMERNUMBER#. I suggest editing the source code and removing any hash so a blank works.

One thing about open sourcing ImpEx, is that is not supported anymore either. The only version it was supported on recently was 4.2.2.

Leave a comment:

• Fratal
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    The install wouldn't have changed. The impex directory needs to be renamed impex and uploaded into your vBulletin forum directory. You should also be using vBulletin 4.2.2.

Sorry, but that's not helping. I still can't get pass this damned "pass code" screen. I've always been using vBulletin 3.8.7 and have merged and imported databases successfully for the past 6 years.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The install wouldn't have changed. The impex directory needs to be renamed impex and uploaded into your vBulletin forum directory. You should also be using vBulletin 4.2.2.

Leave a comment:

• Fratal
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Should be blank. Just click the submit button.

Nothing happens when I hit "Continue".

Am I in the right pathway? I uploaded the Impex files to my root.

domain.com/vbimpex-master/index.php?do=login

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Should be blank. Just click the submit button.

Leave a comment:

• Fratal
    started a topic Trying to use Impex but...what's the pass code?

Trying to use Impex but...what's the pass code?

So I decided to revisit Impex after several years to do some database merging; looks like it's gone open source now.

Anyhow, I installed it, and hit a roadblock: the pass code screen. Before, it used to be my vBulletin customer number- however, that doesn't work.

http://i.imgur.com/Nrs1FIb.png

What 'pass code' is it referring to?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X