SQL Query to Update Skin Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL Query to Update Skin Options

Could someone help me by providing the proper SQL query to submit in order to query the member database and update all members currently set to use the default style, to instead use the style ID I specify?

I'm looking at setting a new style as the default style for a site with many long term members. I want to use this SQL to ensure existing members will continue using the old style unless they choose to change. Only new members will use the new skin by default.

This is all the SQL needs to do:

-Find members configured to use forum default style
    -Set those members to use specific style ID instead

Unfortunately the styleid is stored in a cookie... changing the value in the database will not change it for your users.

The best option would be to set the new style as the default style, but keep the old style accessible so users can easily switch back.

Comment

Argh. Somehow I didn't even think of that.

That is manageable. I suppose I can just put word out to members, and the most active ones will pick it up quickly and set their preference ahead of time - the rest who don't catch it will notice pretty quickly once the change is made.

Was just hoping for a less disruptive switch for our favorite long term curmudgeons.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X