No announcement yet.

Cookies/Log-In Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've run into this issue in all browsers. What happens on my site is either you login but it says you're not (until you click into a new forum/thread), the "new posts" button in the menu doesn't update now, I'll post a reply and then go into a different thread and then I'll return to see my reply but it's not there. I have to hit refresh for it to show up.

Comment

Look, another person with the problem:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...r-user-actions

Comment

Originally posted by izzim420 View Post
        I've run into this issue in all browsers. What happens on my site is either you login but it says you're not (until you click into a new forum/thread), the "new posts" button in the menu doesn't update now, I'll post a reply and then go into a different thread and then I'll return to see my reply but it's not there. I have to hit refresh for it to show up.
        Hi izzim;

Please start your own thread with full details of the problem.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Kajouka View Post
          Look, another person with the problem:
          https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...r-user-actions
          Hi Kajouka;

There are no issues in vBulletin that would cause this problem. However, lots of things can cause it.

Your specific issue is caused by plugins - we have proved this to be the case, because if you disable them it works.
          My advice earlier stands - you need to identify which plugin is at fault and seek assistance from its author, or disable it altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajouka View Post
            Please clarify for me: I have the code you gave me in my config.php at this moment.

I should not be having the problem if it is plug-in related?

All my members and I are still having the same problem even with the plug-ins disabled right now.
            Looking at your site right now, there is a huge chatbox at the front of the forum home page.
            This is not a default vBulletin feature, you will need to disable all addons.
            Go through the plugin manager and disable each plugin individually, also disable all products in the product manager.

Comment

This is not an add-on, it's an iframe that loads from a separate server and has nothing to do with the site. That isn't the issue as that cbox has been there for 3.5 years.

As I said before I have your plug in disable code in my confiq.php file.

Please stop telling me it's the plug ins. IT is NOT the plug ins. It' a caching issue that start suddenly yesterday. People are not SEEING the right page.

Comment

Thanks Kajouka...You are able to provide more specific techy details than I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                  Looking at your site right now, there is a huge chatbox at the front of the forum home page.
                  This is not a default vBulletin feature, you will need to disable all addons.
                  Go through the plugin manager and disable each plugin individually, also disable all products in the product manager.
                  And I deleted that code too and guess what. Still happening. Please give some troubleshooting advice, because this is not a plug in issue but a cache/cookie issue.

I think it's a cache issue.

Comment

Ok the issue has now changed slightly since disabling plugins. Previously any visit to the index.php page would result in no log in.
                    Instead now you log in, and on the first page view there is no cookie. Any subsequent page views, even to index.php, are fine.

But similarly, I also find that logging OUT sometimes results in the cookie still appearing to be present.

Now, I find that if I browse your site using www in the URL, these problems do not occur. Try it:
                    http://www.forsilvra.net/index.php

So, that being the case, what do you have set as the cookie paths in the admin CP?

Comment

Path is a /

domain is a blank

I've used those for the last three years and this is the first time we've had this issue =(

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                      Ok the issue has now changed slightly since disabling plugins. Previously any visit to the index.php page would result in no log in.
                      Instead now you log in, and on the first page view there is no cookie. Any subsequent page views, even to index.php, are fine.

But similarly, I also find that logging OUT sometimes results in the cookie still appearing to be present.

Now, I find that if I browse your site using www in the URL, these problems do not occur. Try it:
                      http://www.forsilvra.net/index.php

So, that being the case, what do you have set as the cookie paths in the admin CP?

Also, I'm on the www. I clicked the who's online and got a cached copy for that page as well. I know it's cached because the times are way to old and people who were online aren't showing. It's more than just index.php.

Members are also making posts and then getting a cached copy of the page and not seeing their posts.

EDIT: Also note, that cell phone browsers, which don't cache, aren't having this issue.
                      Last edited by Kajouka; Wed 5 Dec '12, 2:39pm.

Comment

Do you have an .htaccess file at all?
                        If so, try deleting it (keep a copy!) and see if that makes any difference.

Comment

I looked last night and I don't have one. I tried adding one and that didn't help so I deleted it back.

Comment

Ok...try changing the cookie prefix in config.php to something else (if it's blank put something in, such as "bb".)

This will invalidate all existing cookies and force everyone to log in again.

Comment

This is an issue with browser cacheing, something has changed with your webhosts configuration to force a cache of html content. This is a HUGE problem with vBulletin, it does not output static content. Because the browser listens to your webserver tell it the page won't expire for X period of time, the web browser won't re-check it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                                This is an issue with browser cacheing, something has changed with your webhosts configuration to force a cache of html content. This is a HUGE problem with vBulletin, it does not output static content. Because the browser listens to your webserver tell it the page won't expire for X period of time, the web browser won't re-check it.
                                Thank you Zachery! I will take what you have said to my webhost and see if they can resolve it. Appreciated!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X