Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attachments says: failed to open stream: No such found in directory,, but files is there..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChiNa
    replied
    I went and disabled all the html which I had enabled in a few our forums! But were never used by the users! If so then it was only the old HIGHSLIDE images that were embedded! And I will try create a new style without parent, and I think this one that I use now was installed without parent and then later on it was added as parent with another,, But I will give it a shot and see! I will also later today disable all my addons and plugins to see if any of them causes this! Thank you very much Wayne, I will def get back to you when I have figured a few things out..

Appreciate your time and effort mate..

By CMAN

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Image is really difficult to understand especially with all the addons and redlines. It appears that your templates were not merged or updated properly. Could be one of the addons breaking the layout. Or if you allow HTML anywhere, users can use improper HTML to break things.

If you create a new style with no parent does that style behave the same way?

Leave a comment:

• ChiNa
    replied
    About the the Path, They are all intact, also in the settings! And no i havnt done anything, or didnt migrate our server.. I did check the path and the settings for the attachments, and all looks as it should,,, and we have choosen a folder for our thumbnail images, instead of out database, but that should caue the problem... So yes the path is ok..

One of our other Admins deleted our whole site, but not the ATTACHMENTS folders and ADMINCP! All the folders starting with A and B was not deleted.. And then I had to go for a backup ! And we took all files from an old backup, and simply uploaded to our forum root! But again, the attachments folder was intact! And after uploading the new files we had to run Update Our counters, bcoz the site was not looking ok! And then we started to get the problems with the attachments!

But now it looks fixed, and you did not answer my questions sir about if my old files gets deleted..

And here is an image for my 2nd Question:

After 5 mins not doing anything, my frontpage will turn in the that mess..

Can you please explaing or tell me why it happends..?

Thank you very much in Advance!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The directory paths match exactly what you have in your system? Did you recently migrate servers or something?

Leave a comment:

• ChiNa
    replied
    Hi Sir, Well not they were set to 0755 , but I did set them to 0777 as well. I knew it was maybe my htaccess or CHMOD, but Nope I as wrong, I remove my HTACESS and did a lot of other stuff.. Still same,, I will get back to this one, but I had to upload all the broken files again, and then it started to work, But I did not uploaded them from my THREADS, I did it from from my ADMINCP attachments!

Dear Wayne, I have now 2 questions, and I hope you can help me, because I feel kinda lost about it

First question:
    When I got that error, i went to my ADMINCP and ATTACHMENTS! And then I search for the file there! After I found it andI clicked on it, it gave me the same error as it did from inside my threads! So what I did in my ADMINCP and in the same attachment, I clicked EDIT, and then I uploaded the same file again! And it started to work!

Now my question is, what happend to the OLD file then? I did not delete it, I just clicked on EDIT and uploaded the same file again! Now is the OLD file deleted?
    Or is it still there?

2nd Question: Has nothing to do with this, I just dont wanna make a new topic! I am running a vb3.8 and when I load my forum, and If I do not use my frontpage for a few minutes then my site starts lookink weird! For example i use a CHATBOX, so basicly my HOMEPAGE starting to APPEAR inside the CHAT BOX, and it GETS BIGGER in width,,, And the EXACT same thing happends to my "TOP 5 Stats" Addon! My whole frontpage start showing inside it, and after this then all the threads starts also to go out of the EXACT spot and WIDTH!

What could be the problem?
    And if you want you can check my site, "www.China-cheats.com" ! It happend with CHROME, FIREFOX and IE! And I bet it will also happen with other Browsers too!

Thank you very much in ADVANCE

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Are those directories chmod 777?

Leave a comment:

• Attachments says: failed to open stream: No such found in directory,, but files is there..

Hi everyone, I just posted arround 50 new threads with files attached to each, but after the thread is posted and I click on the attachment, I get an error saying this:

Warning: fopen(/var/chroot[path]/attachments/1/342.attach) [fucntion.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/attachment.php on line 283

And when I look inside the folder var/chroot[path]/attachments/1/342.attach" the 342.attach file is there, also the others... What can be wrong since they dont work! and they did work yesterday all of them,,,?

Thank you in advance..