Member Cant Access Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member Cant Access Website

I have a member who can not access my website any more. I am running vb3.8.2(Owned license), with mysql 5.0.95, Apache 2.2.22, and PHP version 5.2.17.

The user who can not access the website gets this error message.

HTTP 501 not implemented or HTTP 505 Version not supported

He is using Windows 7 and the browser is IE9.

- - - Updated - - -

He had been able to access the website up until a few days ago.

I have another vbulletin website on the same server running vb3.8.5 that he can access.
    A bad day on the water is better than a good day at work!

What is in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) when he tried to access the site? Has he cleared his browser history and cookies for your site? Tried restarting his browser? Tried another browser? Tried from another computer? Tried restarting his computer?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

The only error from him in the error log showing up is.

Thu Sep 06 07:17:54 2012] [error] [client 67.167.141.231] File does not exist: /home/mysite/public_html/501.shtml

He can access my site through his cell phone and other computers, just not his computer with Windows 7 and browser IE9

Comment

You didn't answer the other questions. How about Windows 7 and firefox/chrome/safari ? If it's only IE9, does he have any add-ons for it? Has he tried restarting IE or his computer?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

I figured out the issue. I had my member add my site to his approved sites list, and all is well now. Now to figure out why my site was blocked from his computer.

Any ideas?????

Comment

I don't know what "approved sites list" you are talking about (is this a PC thing?), but I would guess he accidentally unapproved it somehow.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X