Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to upload vbulletin.sql

Hello,

I have a database backup i did a long time ago. I have the vbulletin.sql and am wondering how to I upload it to restore my forum?A

Also, I am the number 1 user on the forum, and when I go to "Execute MySQL" is says "You are not authorized to execute SQL queries" - please help, thanks!
    www.filmmakerforum.org
    www.digidistribution.com

if you have SSH access upload the sql through that..

you need to edit the config.php to execute sql
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzynation View Post
      I have a database backup i did a long time ago. I have the vbulletin.sql and am wondering how to I upload it to restore my forum?
      #1 In your host's control panel look for "Restore a MySQL Database"
      #2 If the file is not too large than you can try to "Import" it with Phpmyadmin.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

To upload your database file to your server use any FTP client or use your web server's file manager
        To restore it use your webhost or mysqladmin if your database is not large

SSH is best way to restore for large database, there are several programs for that
        http://www.mysqldumper.net/ MySqlDumper is one of the programs you can use

Here are some info on how to restore database
        https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...ce_ssh_restore

To be able to run queries edit your config.php and add your user ID to the setting below

PHP Code:
         // ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
         // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
         // See the above entries for more information on the format.
         // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
         // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
        $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = '1'
        You might also want to add your user ID to the SuperAdmin setting in config.php if not already set.
        To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
        CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
        Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X