Internet Explorer Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Explorer Crashing

I'm sure this isn't a vBulletin issue, must be in connection with some of the changes that I've made, but I'd really appreciate if anyone can help me out here. Please bear with me with my explanation...I'm sure there are more techie terms that I could use but don't know what they are!

Problem...

Forum is crashing the internet explorer browser - works fine in all other browsers bar Explorer. This was just brought to my attention today by one of the members so I'm unsure as to when it started. Hoping it's only a recent thing. I haven't seen any reduction in traffic.

I've noticed that the issue appears to be with the homepage, and only when accessed via the forum root address www.rallyforums.com (the forum is installed in the forum folder - when accessed via the root address it forwards users to www.rallyforums.com/forum).

If I access other areas of the site first (for example http://www.rallyforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9650), all appears OK (with the exception of a few disjointed tables as a result of me attempting to add adsense banners).

So I can access other areas of the site OK, and when I click on the homepage link from those other folders, the homepage loads without any issues.

As I said, the issue only appears when going direct to www.rallyforums.com.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan
    P.S. Still running PL2, will upgrade to PL3 later today.

I was just able to visit the page directly in IE9 with no crash.

Have you tried disabling the advertisements, specifically the one on the right side of the screen, and see if it still crashes for you?

Comment

I have had the same issues reported today http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/websit...esponding.html

Comment

Originally posted by jimjam View Post
        I have had the same issues reported today http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/websit...esponding.html
        That is not the same problem, the OP reported his site is "crashing" Internet Explorer, your site users claim they don't get a response- please start a separate thread. His problem was also limited to just him homepage where as your users say it happens on all pages.

Comment

I have IE9 crashing too. Intermittent, but a lot of members reporting the crashes

Comment

Originally posted by jimjam
            I have IE9 crashing too. Intermittent, but a lot of members reporting the crashes
            Please start a separate thread with full details of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X