Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I disable maintenance mode from phpMyAdmin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I disable maintenance mode from phpMyAdmin?

How can I disable maintenance mode via my database from phpMyAdmin?

Thanks.

Do you mean turn the forum back on? There is no maintenace mode setting in the software. Is there some reason you're unable to login to the forums directly?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      Do you mean turn the forum back on? There is no maintenace mode setting in the software. Is there some reason you're unable to login to the forums directly?
      Hi,

Yes, you are correct. I would like to turn the forum back on. I cannot login as I forgot my password and the associated email address for that account. I would rather create a new account and set myself as the super administrator.

Comment

Originally posted by Fratal View Post
        How can I disable maintenance mode via my database from phpMyAdmin?
        Originally posted by Fratal View Post
        I cannot login as I forgot my password and the associated email address for that account.
        In phpadmin look for "user"
        Edit the email address.
        Now you can ask for a new password.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

Ok I did that but when I hit 'Login' is just redirects back to the board turned off message:

"Sorry, the board is unavailable at the moment while we are testing some functionality.
          We will be back soon.."

How can I turn the forum back on via phpMyAdmin?

Comment

To reset your password, you can use this query:

Code:
            UPDATE user SET password = MD5(CONCAT(MD5("password"), salt)) WHERE userid = 1
            Things to note: If you have a table prefix, you need to put it before "user". Obviously, replace "password" with your password of choice. And, clearly, if your userid isn't 1, you'll need to change that to your userid. You can also use this query with your username:

Code:
            UPDATE user SET password = MD5(CONCAT(MD5("password"), salt)) WHERE username = "Username"

Comment

Turn a closed board back on in the datastore (useful if admin access is lost and board is closed):
              UPDATE datastore SET data = REPLACE(data, '"bbactive";i:0;', '"bbactive";i:1;') WHERE title = 'options';
              UPDATE setting SET value=1 WHERE varname='bbactive';
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X