Forum Viewing Permissions by Date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Viewing Permissions by Date?

I'm currently running 3.8.0, although I'm working on upgrading to 4.x.x (it's on my test site now, but I still have things to work out.).

I need help with one issue:

I want to open up some older forums for public viewing. Currently these forums are set for member-only viewing. What I'd like to do is set them to be open for viewing and searching but only NEW threads. Those posted after a certain date.

Is that possible in 3.8? Is it possible in 4.x.?

The main reason for this is that those forums may contain old posts that my members would rather not have open. Once I change the viewing permissions they'll be warned that these things are searchable, but before they thought they were posting in relative privacy.

If this is possible, please give me instructions for how to accomplish it. If not, please let me know that as well.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
      Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however you can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
      Thank you for the reply, Trevor. I think what I'll do is just archive the old forums and create new ones with new viewing permissions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X