Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQL command to return info on 'custom' field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL command to return info on 'custom' field?

As most do, we've got that extra custom field asking users a question, to make it easier to discover auto-signups and stuff.

Is there not some SQL command that can be run on the custom field to return all users whose answer does *NOT* include the only correct one?

I would think that'd make things so much easier; I could then just delete/drop the users whose answer isn't the correct one.

Check this thread to begin...

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...Biography-data

You'll probably need something like this...
    Code:
    UPDATE 
     user 
    LEFT JOIN 
     userfield 
    ON 
     user.userid = userfield.userid 
    SET 
     usergroupid = '25' 
    WHERE
     userfield.fieldX != 'correct answer'
    Lats...

Comment

Well, that's the problem. I can write it to include whatever the spammers put in their name, but I'd have to change the blasted query for EVERY one of them, since there's a wide variety.

It would make more sense to me, IMHO, to somehow write it to where it'd stipulate that the field would NOT be equal to the answer of the custom field. While some people get it wrong, *ALL* auto-bots get it wrong.

Comment

That is what the query is checking for - Not equal to 'correct answer'.

If it's not equal to the correct answer, it moves them into another usergroup where you can prune them.

I forgot to mention you need to change fieldX above to the field you've chosen to use, such as field12.
        Lats...

Comment

Aahhh...you are correct sir; my mistake.

I'll nose around with that; thanks for the assistance.

Comment