Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Can you ask them to re-upload their avatar and make sure it updates it this time.

Leave a comment:

• Vcize
    replied
    Whoops, got wrapped up in some stuff. Getting back to this and answering your question..

It says the avatars are being stored in ./customavatars

I can ftp there no problem. There are (tons) of files there, but they're not the correct names as referenced a few posts up. They are all of the filename "avatar####_#.gif" where # is an actual number. The avatar names in the DB table are often different (such as in the examples above).

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    What does it say in Admincp > Avatars > User Picture Storage Type for where your avatars are being stored? And can you ftp there and verify there are avatars actually there?

Leave a comment:

• Vcize
    replied
    I've changed it to 777. Wouldn't that just have prevented them from uploading them? I'm still not getting why there are different file names in the page source and in the database table.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    If that is the directory your users are uploading their avatars to, then it needs to be chmod to 777.

Leave a comment:

• Vcize
    replied
    customavatar directory is 755. Does it need to be 777?

I suppose it's possible that it got overwritten at some point, but I wouldn't think so as the majority of users have the correct avatars.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Is your /customavatar directory chmod to 777? Did you accidentally write over it during an upgrade?

Leave a comment:

• Vcize
    replied
    Here is the actual link that I was discussing in the first post: http://www.mw3forum.com/showthread.php?t=26515

That references userid 3537 as having a customer avatar of avatar3537_1.gif.

When I run the query below I get these results:

SELECT userid, filename FROM `customavatar` WHERE userid = 3537;

userid: 3537
    filename: 2-97.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Do you have a link that we can actually see this problem on?

Leave a comment:

• Vcize
    started a topic Confused about customer avatars...."file does not exist"

Confused about customer avatars...."file does not exist"

I was going through my servers error logs and noticed I was getting a TON of 'file does not exist' errors for custom avatars. However, I can't seem to track things down exactly.

For instance, here is one of them:

[Sun Mar 04 22:53:53 2012] [error] [client 66.87.2.252] File does not exist: /home/mydomain/public_html/customavatars/avatar3537_1.gif, referer: http://www.mydomain.com/showthread.php?t=26515
    When I go to the URL, I can see in the page source where it tries to call avatar3537_1.gif, which does not exist.

However, when I go to that user's profile and view the name of their avatar (or when I select from customavatar with that user's userid) it returns a different file name. In this case it is 2-97.jpg but it's typically something like "bobsavatar" or whatever the name of the file they uploaded was.

Why am I getting a bunch of errors about missing "avatar####.jpg" when those aren't the actual filenames of their avatars?