Error message - "The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error message - "The used table type doesn't support FULLTEXT indexes"

That's what I get when I attempt to run the two commands (within vBulletin or from the CLI) to convert our search type from vBulletin to fulltext searching.

Thing is....our DB is most definitely of the MyISAM database type, and it's my understanding that this error occurs when doing something with a table/db type that DOES NOT support full text searching...which MyISAM does. I did go into the /etc/my.cnf file and add

default-storage-type=MyISAM

and now notice that, in the vBulletin admin panel (under the 'Search Type' area), where it shows the two commands that will be run, I get a line below them saying

"Your post and thread table will be converted to the MyISAM type in order to support FULLTEXT searching."

So, if they're already of that storage type...what gives?

Are you sure they're that storage type?

Comment

Being as the storage type of every single table (except for stuff like _cpsession, which appears as MEMORY) in PHPMyAdmin shows as MyISAM, I would think so. Or is there some better way to know (and alternatively, can/does PHPMyAdmin show incorrect info on this sort of thing)?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X