Increase postbit width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase postbit width

Hello, I'm trying to cram a bunch of extra stuff in the postbit through add ons, and the posts most of my users make are very short. Like a few sentences. I was thinking of increases the width of the postbit (I'm using the legacy postbit that appears on the left) and shrinking the size of the posts themselves. Is there anyway to do this?

stylevar postbitlegacy_userinfo_width

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi, thank you for your help. I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I can't seem to find the "postbitlegacy_userinfo_width" you're talking about. I went to "Styles & Templates" > "Default theme" > "StyleVars". I also went to "All Stype Options" and did a ctrl f search for "postbitlegacy", and nothing came up.

Keep in mind I'm using vBulletin 3.8 (Not 4), in case it's different.

Comment

Ack! So sorry. I didn't notice this was in the vB3 section. In vB3, you would need to modify the postbit_legacy template to change the width. Find a line similar to this and modify the width:

HTML Code:
        <td class="alt2" width="175" style="border: $stylevar[cellspacing]px solid $stylevar[tborder_bgcolor]; border-top: 0px; border-bottom: 0px">

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Acp > search in templates > enter "<td class="alt2" width="175" style="border ", as lynne says, that will take you to postbit legacy, search again it will highlight.
          <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X