Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visibility Settings for Blog

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the blog privacy settings, and I didn't see an answer when I searched.

Perhaps one of you can help me make this happen:

I want the default setting for every blog in my community to be that only registered members of the community can see the blogs. However, I also want it to be possible for someone who has a blog on my community to make their posts accessible to guests and those not logged into the site.

How can I make this happen?

I have the settings in Blog: General Options all checked off so that guests can see blogs if the blog creator desires. When I test this with a blog that I have made and set to allow guests to see the blog however, I can't view it. I get the "No permission" text.

How can I allow someone outside of my community to see my blog entries on a particular blog without opening up everyone's blogs to the entire world?

If someone here could help me with that I'd really appreciate it.

I don't think that is possible without modification.

You can allow guests to see blogs but allow private blogs or you can block guests. I haven't looked at it closely in a while in vb3 or 4 though but I'm pretty sure nothing has changed. Users can allow all, friends, or none. That's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
      I don't think that is possible without modification.

You can allow guests to see blogs but allow private blogs or you can block guests. I haven't looked at it closely in a while in vb3 or 4 though but I'm pretty sure nothing has changed. Users can allow all, friends, or none. That's about it.
      Okay, how do I go about opening them up then?

I want unregistered users to be able to see a blog if a member desires. I guess that's the simpler way to say it. If I understood your post correctly, that's possible. Can you tell me how to do that?

Comment

I think you may have misunderstood the "I don't think that is possible without modification." part

Go into usergroups Unregistered\Not Logged In and set the perms to allow them view blogs.

From there your users have the choice of publishing to all (incl. guests) or just their friends in their blog settings. There's no allow registered members view but not guests as far as i know.

Comment

Thanks, Punchbowl.

None of those options will work for what I need. I guess I need a wordpress blog in addition to my VB blog.

Best wishes.

Comment