No announcement yet.

Site getting more database errors of late, question on overhead/optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site getting more database errors of late, question on overhead/optimization

Not sure if this helps or not, but I recently switched to a dedicated server on a new webhost.....about 2-3 months ago, and since then members have been complaining that they're getting more database errors than usual. I just started getting some errors myself.

It just so happens when I went into the optimize/repair tables section I have about 15-20 different tables as showing having overhead. One of the tables that shows overhead happens to match one of the tables showing an error message that I personally got (see below). The errors are happening when users are trying to do certain functions, so it's not like it's across the board. Here's an example of one of my database errors:

Here is the error message I get:

Warning: mysql_query(): 6 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 408

Warning: mysql_error(): 6 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 897

Warning: mysql_errno(): 6 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 915

Warning: mysql_query(): 6 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 408

Warning: mysql_error(): 6 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 897

Warning: mysql_errno(): 6 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in [path]/includes/class_core.php on line 915

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.4:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT * FROM vb3_datastore WHERE title='pluginlist';

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Monday, January 30th 2012 @ 09:10:35 AM
    Error Date : Monday, January 30th 2012 @ 09:10:35 AM
    Script : http://www.x.com/forums/admincp/diagnostic.php?do=list
    Referrer : http://www.x.com/forums/admincp/index.php?do=nav
    IP Address : xxxxxx
    Username : xxxx
    lassname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

and another

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.4:
    Invalid SQL:
    MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Monday, January 30th 2012 @ 10:57:19 AM
    Error Date : Monday, January 30th 2012 @ 10:57:19 AM
    Script : http://www.x.com/forums/private.php?do=insertpm&pmid=
    Referrer : http://www.x.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=58807
    IP Address : xxxxx
    Username : x
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    I obviously changed my username and the URL of my site above before posting this for anonymity.

In the above message it says
    Invalid SQL:
    in my error, it just so happens vb3_datastore is one of the tables that is showing overhead.

That said, do I need to optimize and repair these tables? I'm on Php 5.2.17 and MySql 5.0.92 it appears if that makes a difference. The reason I mention this is some people claim to have deeper issues if they try to optimize and they have certain MySQL versions like MySQL 5.1.55 and 5.5.9 it wipes out InnoDB's table auto increment field whatever that means. Apparently there's a bug with certain MySQL versions.

I've also seen people recommend changing these overflow tables to MyISAM, which has seemed to work for some, but I don't know what that means/does.

On a side note, my web host after I submitted this ticket here just said they tried to repair some crashed databases and optimize all databases within the tables.....but I'm still having the same problems.

This is all new to me, so any feedback/warnings/things to look for would be appreciated.
    Last edited by verbs; Mon 30th Jan '12, 8:34am.

I opted for phone support, think I got my bugs fixed....will let you know.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X