Hide usernames that are Administrators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide usernames that are Administrators

Is there a way to prevent users from knowing which other users are Administrators and Moderators? I think the only place that it displays the usernames of Admins and Mods is at the View Forum Leaders link. Can I hide specific usernames that are also Admins and Mods?

Give the Admin and mods a secondary usergroup such as registered user and make that the display usergroup in the user profile.
    <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

Comment

How do you change which usergroup displays in a user's profile?

Comment

Go to the user profile of each admin Etc, click additional usergroup, the Display Usergroup box will be there after you save the additional edit, use the drop down to enter the group which will be displayed to Forum members

Click image for larger version

Name:	DISPLAY USERGROUP.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	3686567

Comment

Thanks for the screen shot and explanation. I noticed that the username for the admin still displays on the View Forum Leaders page even when I have changed the Display Group to "Registered User". Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by testerv View Post
            Thanks for the screen shot and explanation. I noticed that the username for the admin still displays on the View Forum Leaders page even when I have changed the Display Group to "Registered User". Any suggestions?
            I never had to change our admins to a different User Group.

Try going to going to USER GROUP MANAGER, then click on the EDIT for Admins, and then scroll down to the category titled "Usergroup Options" and edit the selection titled "Viewable on Show Groups" to NO. There is also a link there titled VIEW FORUM LEADERS PAGE.

DAVID COPELAND
            Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
            Celebrating 20 Years with VB

Comment

Originally posted by David Copeland View Post
              edit the selection titled "Viewable on Show Groups" to NO. There is also a link there titled VIEW FORUM LEADERS PAGE.
              Those two are the same radio button on the Usergroup Manager page, right?

Comment

Originally posted by David Copeland View Post
                I never had to change our admins to a different User Group..

The Admin has not been changed to a different group ?

To hide in "Forum Leaders"...............go to usergroup >>>>>Click image for larger version

Name:	AD OPTIONS.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	3686568

Comment

Worked. Thanks.

Does it matter if it is the user's primary or secondary usergroup that is set to Administrator?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X