Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "File does not contain expected contents" Error

Hi all,

My forum has had some malware-related issues lately (Mal/Iframe-X), so after confirming with my host everything appeared OK on their end, I ran Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions. The infected file showed up as a file not recognized by vBulletin, so I deleted it, but vbulletin_menu.js in clientscripts says "File does not contain expected contents". As a result, I downloaded the latest version of the 3.8 package and uploaded this particular file, overwrote the existing version and the message still persists. I have confirmed I am uploading this in ASCII mode and have tried a completely different FTP client to no avail. I have even tried deleting the file and uploading it from scratch, but this message still appears. Everything appears to be working normally, but I've never had this issue before. From doing a search here, this error generally means the file is not being uploaded correctly, but I have no idea what else I can do in this regard. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You would need to replace ALL the files in the download package. If you only replace the one file, it will always show up as not containing the expect contents because the md5 checksum is going to be different than that listed in the md5_sums_vbulletin.php file.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thanks for the help...I'll try that.

Comment

That took care of it...thank you for your help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X