New mod, add to all forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New mod, add to all forums

Is there a quick, simple method to add a new moderator to all forums without having to add manually to each forum? Also, don't want to make them super mods either
    [ Evidence & Prophecies Fulfilled : click ]
    .:. Unanswered Prayers? /read this\

Without making them a Super Mod, no. You'll have to manually add them to each category and then edit their permissions for each category.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks. What's the main difference then between super mod and regular mod?

Comment

A super moderator is a moderator in all forums. A moderator is a moderator in the forums they are assigned to.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Strange because I changed a regular user's group to super mod (primary) and it did not allow me to do any moderating at all such as delete posts, thread open/close, etc. No functions. I checked forum manager and it did not list that new super mod there either.

Comment

In your super moderator group, make sure the "Is Super Moderator" permission is set to Yes.

They won't be listed in the forum manager. They will be listed under Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators.

Every moderator on this site is actually a super moderator and they can perform their actions in every forum. In the 12 years that I have been working with vBulletin, I have never used anything but super moderators and never had a problem with them. Even at the beginning when we converted Sitepoint's forums from UBB to vBulletin 1.1.3, there was no problem with Super Moderators.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X