Data Base Error (yet another, sorry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Base Error (yet another, sorry)

Keep receiving the following via email. Any ideas ?

Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)
    /home/mysite/public_html/stuff/includes/class_core.php on line 311

MySQL Error :
    Error Number :
    Request Date : Saturday, December 24th 2011 @ 04:40:01 AM
    Error Date : Saturday, December 24th 2011 @ 04:40:01 AM
    Script : http://www.mysite.com/stuff/showthread.php?t=1710
    Referrer :
    IP Address : 180.76.5.48
    Username :
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Froggy32701; Fri 23 Dec '11, 10:52pm.

If your config is correct, then you should contact your host.

You may read more about it here: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/cantconnect
    - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

Comment

This is almost always an error in config.php for your mysql setup, but as was said, if that is correct, you will need to contact your host.

Comment

I am pretty sure my config.php is correct. And because the forum was running fine for months and just developed this problem with no changes to the config.php I guess it would be a host issue.

Also the forum is up and running and the error is random, so that makes me think it may be the host as well.

Comment

We have been getting these at the same time every morning (around 0130 GMT) for just over a week, that happen in a period of only a minute or two at most. Traffic is not that high at these times. We have tried blocking certain countries and bots to no avail. There have been no changes to the MySQL config file that would cause these instances, so this is something that just suddenly started for us too.

I also checked the Awstats file for any clues - nothing stood out as being out of the ordinary. Also the host has been investigating, but not found anything yet.

Bob

Comment

Mysql restarted, if anything, that or major backups.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X