Database error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database error

Im updateing from 3.8.2 to 3.8.7 L2 and uploaded all the file edit the confi file and checked it 3 times and uploaded it but when I point my browser to upgrade and get
    Code:
    mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
    /home/djjeffa/djjeffa.com/vb/includes/class_core.php on line 311
    I have searched but all the post said the config file witch i checked 3 times and the site was up befor the upgrade.
    www.djjeffa.com

If you're sure your config is correct, then you must contact your host.

You may read more here: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/cantconnect
    - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

Comment

Make sure you are checking the config.php file in your /includes/ diectory. I've seen people accidently upload a copy of config.php to the root directory and then think that is the file they need to edit.

Comment

I checcked the user name and pass by going to the cpanel on my host and its right i also checked where i uploaded it wich is the djjeffa.com/vb witch is where i keep the forum so I would real appreciate any more advice you have.
        www.djjeffa.com

Comment

Originally posted by djjeffa View Post
          <snip> so I would real appreciate any more advice you have.
          Originally posted by Maurd View Post
          If you're sure your config is correct, then you must contact your host.

You may read more here: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/cantconnect

(3chars)
          - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

Comment

there responce
            Hello,
            Thank you for contacting Technical Support here at DreamHost. I'm sorry
            to hear you're having a bit of trouble. Looks like your
            includes/config.php database settings for your domain are not setup
            properly. I see you have localhost setup for the hostname which will not
            work. I've gone ahead and corrected this for you. You may want to now
            doublecheck your database settings to ensure you're using the correct
            settings.
            I tried and still no go.
            www.djjeffa.com

Comment

Originally posted by djjeffa View Post
              I checcked the user name and pass by going to the cpanel on my host and its right i also checked where i uploaded it wich is the djjeffa.com/vb witch is where i keep the forum so I would real appreciate any more advice you have.
              If the forum is djjeffa.com/vb then your config.php needs to be in: djjeffa.com/vb/includes/

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
                If the forum is djjeffa.com/vb then your config.php needs to be in: djjeffa.com/vb/includes/
                thank you but that is where I have it. I even tried uploading the last config file befor the upgrade but it still didnt work. any other ideals?
                www.djjeffa.com

Comment

Have you told your host that you still can't connect?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

If config.php is in the correct location then you do not have the correct username and password set in the file. I know you said you checked but clearly there is an issue. Perhaps try creating a NEW user and password on the database with all privileges.

Also note that sometimes if you make a user, say "admin", your host adds a prefix to the actual name to reflect your personal account, so it might end up being "myforum_admin" as the actual username- why "myforum_" is set by your host.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                      Have you told your host that you still can't connect?
                      Yes I have but they take a day or 2 to reply and I realy want to get the sit up because im off today and tommorow and wont have time till febuary to mess with it again.

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
                      If config.php is in the correct location then you do not have the correct username and password set in the file. I know you said you checked but clearly there is an issue. Perhaps try creating a NEW user and password on the database with all privileges.

Also note that sometimes if you make a user, say "admin", your host adds a prefix to the actual name to reflect your personal account, so it might end up being "myforum_admin" as the actual username- why "myforum_" is set by your host.
                      but if i uploaded the old config file that worked 3 days ago shouldent it work since i didnt change any user names or pass words?

BTW I wanted to thank you guys for your help
                      www.djjeffa.com

Comment

Your old config file should work, assuming it was a 3.8.x config.php file. But it sounds like even your host is saying that the old one was incorrect (you were using localhost) which seems odd.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment