Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 Error after Host Migration

Good evening everyone!

I am running a 3.8.7 forum. We recently had to switch hosts due to exceeding our allowable average daily CPU usage. The new host migrated our files and everything is where it should be (I think.) I modified my hosts file on my computer to map to the IP address of our new server when I access the domain name we are using. This allows me to access my site and do pretty much anything I want as an admin/user.

Once we were sure that things were working, we switched the nameservers from our old host, to our new. We figured it would take a while to propagate, but here we are, 10 hours later and you still cannot access the site from a computer that does not have a modified hosts file. It is exceedingly strange and I'm stumped. What could be causing this? Am I just being impatient while waiting for the nameservers to propagate, or is there something else I am missing? Did our new host miss something when they transferred?

One interesting tidbit of information is that our new cpanel site has the usage (bandwidth and storage) values from the old cpanel site. It has not been update to reflect our new storage and bandwidth values. I feel like this could indicate an issue with the migration from the host side.

404 Not Found

The request URL /forums/index.php was not found on this server
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encounter while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request
    I'm really not sure what information you guys need, but please ask and I will supply!

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to hearing your responses.

If you upload a simple text file or basic HTML page to the same directory, can you access that? If not, then you need to speak to your hosts.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

time is the healer here i think.. it can take upto 72hrs in extreme cases.
      Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

It turns out that they had pointed our site to the wrong IP address on our shared hosting. They updated it to the new IP. I updated my hosts file and it works fine, but a computer with a non-modified hosts file still cannot access it. They said it might take some time to propagate, but that was 6 hours ago.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X