X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Wardsweb

• Wardsweb
    replied
    While only about 10 of the 116,000 members have problems, I'm not going to be too worried about it. Reloading the site would be the last option. There are a lot of modules, graphic and monetary changes to the site making a reload a not so simple task.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Can you try re-downloading the ZIP file from the Members Area and re-upload all files (except install/install.php and includes/config.php.new) making sure you overwrite all files currently on your server.

Does this resolve the problem?

Leave a comment:

• adnoid

• adnoid
    replied
    Originally posted by Wardsweb View Post
    In the last week both Audiokarma.org and Videokarma.org have members posting about the forums setting off their virus protection. I can not find anywhere in the templates that something has been added. Possibly in a post, signature or a JS running somewhere. When they list the site that gets blocked by their software, I search the site but find nothing. For now I just add the offending IP to a .htaccess file on the server.

sites talked about on the forums:
    w5e3ir.com
    nvsq5x.com

Any clue how to go about finding how these are getting launched?
    Boy, I've been getting this as well. Of course, everyone assumes it's our board that's doing it, but we're on a dedicated server and I've just checked it again.

Posted this on our site, any thoughts from anyone would be welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Wardsweb

• Wardsweb
    started a topic Forums triggering virus alerts

Forums triggering virus alerts

In the last week both Audiokarma.org and Videokarma.org have members posting about the forums setting off their virus protection. I can not find anywhere in the templates that something has been added. Possibly in a post, signature or a JS running somewhere. When they list the site that gets blocked by their software, I search the site but find nothing. For now I just add the offending IP to a .htaccess file on the server.

sites talked about on the forums:
    w5e3ir.com
    nvsq5x.com

Any clue how to go about finding how these are getting launched?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X