Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    It says the condition is whether you show popups or not, so you may never see the second condition.

Leave a comment:

• testerv
    replied
    How can I find where the second instance displays? I didn't delete it because I can't find where the second instance displays.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    There are different instances in which it may show. Delete every instance in which you don't want it to show.

Leave a comment:

• testerv
    replied
    Lynne, I happened to notice that the line you mentioned in the above post is listed twice in the code quote in post #7.
    Code:
    <if condition="$show['popups']">
                <if condition="$show['searchbuttons']">
                    <if condition="$show['member']">
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td>
                    <else />
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
                    </if>
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a id="navbar_search" href="search.php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="4" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[search]</a> <if condition="$show['quicksearch']"><script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("navbar_search"); </script></if></td>
                </if>
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a id="usercptools" href="$show[nojs_link]#usercptools" accesskey="3">$vbphrase[quick_links]</a> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("usercptools"); </script></td>
                </if>
            <else />
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="4">$vbphrase[search]</a></td>
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getnew" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[new_posts_nav]</a></td>
                    <else />
    What is the second instance for? I deleted the first one and it seemed to remove the New Posts link in the NavBar. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    This is the line that adds the new posts, so delete this one:

Leave a comment:

• TheNewOne
    replied
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=698
    install this you will see at the bottom a option to remove the tab you want

Leave a comment:

• testerv
    replied
    Below is the only section of the navbar template that I could find a reference to "new_posts"
    Code:
    <if condition="$show['popups']">
                    <else />
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php?$session[sessionurl]do=getdaily" accesskey="2">$vbphrase[todays_posts]</a></td>
                    </if>
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a id="navbar_search" href="search.php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="4" rel="nofollow">$vbphrase[search]</a> <if condition="$show['quicksearch']"><script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("navbar_search"); </script></if></td>
                </if>
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a id="usercptools" href="$show[nojs_link]#usercptools" accesskey="3">$vbphrase[quick_links]</a> <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("usercptools"); </script></td>
                </if>
            <else />
                    <td class="vbmenu_control"><a href="search.php$session[sessionurl_q]" accesskey="4">$vbphrase[search]</a></td>
                    <else />
    Does anyone know what part I comment out to remove the "New Posts" link in the navbar?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    If you remove the code, then you, the admin, can always go and view it in the default template and add it back later on.

Leave a comment:

• testerv
    replied
    Do you mean that the Admin can find it or a user can find it?

Is it poor practice to comment something out instead of removing it?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You can comment it out if you want, but you can always find it again by just clicking the View Default link which show up in an edited template (or click View History > Compare).

html comment tag - http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_comment.asp

Leave a comment:

• testerv
    replied
    can the link just be commented out instead of removing it?

If so, how do I do that?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You would need to edit the navbar template and remove it from the sub-menu.

Leave a comment:

• testerv
    started a topic How to remove the "New Posts" link

How to remove the "New Posts" link

How would I go about removing the "New Posts" link in the bar near the top of the forum's pages?

Btw, what is that bar called that has the "New Posts" link in it?

thanks.