Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conditionals based on when the when a thread was created? When a thread was last posted in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tribedude
    replied
    I figured it out! *pats self on head*

Leave a comment:

• tribedude
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    You would have to compare against $threadinfo['dateline'] and $threadinfo['lastpost'].

Both are UNIX Timestamp fields and hold the time as integers. This field is converted with code to a readable time. The value itself is the number of milliseconds since December 31, 1969 (when the world began according to UNIX).

dateline - Time the thread is created.
    lastpost - Time the thread was last updated.

You can convert times here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

It may be $thread instead of $threadinfo in some locations.

​I currently have a forum with conditionals running to show a leaderboard (ADVERTISEMENT A) below the navbar to members or else it show bigger ads (ADVERTISEMENT B) to other user groups.

<!-- MAIN FORUM TAG -->
    <if condition="$forumid == '14'">
    <if condition=" in_array($bbuserinfo[usergroupid],array(30,9))">
    ADVERTISMENT A
    <else />
    ADVERTISEMENT B
    </if>
    </if>

How can I use this and ALSO incorporate the dateline conditional to display different ad types? For example, I want to show members smaller ads as I am doing above, but if the thread in the forum (14) was started after 2008 show ADVERTISEMENT C and if the thread was started before 2008 just show ADVERTISEMENT A.
    ALSO For all other user groups, show ADVERTISEMENT B as above if thread in the forum was started before 2008, if the thread was started after that show ADVERTISEMENT D.

Will this work?

<!-- MAIN FORUM TAG MEMBERS -->
    <if condition=" in_array($bbuserinfo[usergroupid],array(30,9))">
    <if condition="$dateline > '1230768000'">
    ADVERTISMENT A
    <else />
    ADVERTISEMENT C
    </if>
    </if>
    </if>
    <!-- MAIN FORUM TAG GUESTS -->
    <if condition=" in_array($bbuserinfo[usergroupid],array(2,3,4,5,6,7,8))">
    <if condition="$dateline < '1230768000'">
    ADVERTISMENT B
    <else />
    ADVERTISEMENT D
    </if>
    </if>
    </if>

Leave a comment:

• tribedude
    replied
    Thanks Wayne! Here is another conditionals brain twister....

We have one thread that has over a million views and I want to target specific ads to that thread only. How would I use conditionals to serve an ad into one specific thread while excluding the existing ads being served into the thread from the forum-wide conditional already running (so double the amount of ads don't serve into the thread).

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You would have to compare against $threadinfo['dateline'] and $threadinfo['lastpost'].

Both are UNIX Timestamp fields and hold the time as integers. This field is converted with code to a readable time. The value itself is the number of milliseconds since December 31, 1969 (when the world began according to UNIX).

dateline - Time the thread is created.
    lastpost - Time the thread was last updated.

You can convert times here: http://www.onlineconversion.com/unix_time.htm

It may be $thread instead of $threadinfo in some locations.

Leave a comment:

• Conditionals based on when the when a thread was created? When a thread was last posted in?

I want to create a conditional to serve ads into my board pages in one specific forum based on the following criteria:

- The thread must have been been created after a certain year, say 2008.

- I don't want threads that were started before 2008 which may have been bumped bumped by posts after 2008.

Is such a thing do-able?

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X