Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Things are going crazy here,,,,,

Sorry, my original post would not post? I wasn't sure if this forum had changed it's guidelines for posting?
    Please Disregard. I was testing. " We will do a trick for you and guess your number " Not sure what this is all about at the top header of this page?

The specifics. If it is a biggie without a known fix, I am just going to shut down this forum.
    My host bill just came for another year, and right now I do not have the time to pull my hair out for hours and days.

VB 3.8.4
    I cannot log out of my Admin Act, I have to close the browser and re-boot the PC.
    ( It is not a bad Cookie, this happens on various PC's, along with this brand new PC that I am using right now)

If I upgrade a standard Registered User to Admin Status, they cannot come back to log in.

It seems to be an Admin act problem only.

Their new log in info is not accepted, they get reverted to a fresh login page.

Registered acts, and standard Moderator acts? They all work fine.

No Plug Ins.

VB Advanced and Custom Skin only.
    Thank you,

Comment

Damn it!

Our VB forum cant even get it right.
      Last edited by Chief Thunder; Wed 9 Nov '11, 5:25am.

Comment

Yep,

No 20 second reply now,,,,,,

I guess this one is a done deal

Comment

You already have at least 2 other threads open about this issue.

What are your cookie settings?

(Also, "Act" is a word. An 'Admin Act' would be 'some action performed by an Admin'. This may help to explain why people are confused by your questions. Accnt would be an acceptable contraction of 'account' if you can't be bothered typing it out in full, as Accnt is not a word.)
          My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
          vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Hello?
            I cannot stay logged in here.

Something else so VB can take your money.

Tell me, what do I have to do?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Thunder View Post
              " We will do a trick for you and guess your number " Not sure what this is all about at the top header of this page?
              It's an attempt tinject a little humour into an otherwise boring maintenance notice

The specifics. If it is a biggie without a known fix, I am just going to shut down this forum.
              My host bill just came for another year, and right now I do not have the time to pull my hair out for hours and days.

VB 3.8.4
              I cannot log out of my Admin Act, I have to close the browser and re-boot the PC.
              ( It is not a bad Cookie, this happens on various PC's, along with this brand new PC that I am using right now)

If I upgrade a standard Registered User to Admin Status, they cannot come back to log in.

Their new log in info is not accepted, they get reverted to a fresh login page.

No Plug Ins.

Thank you,
              To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
              Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
              -
              *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
              - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Thunder View Post
                Yep,

No 20 second reply now,,,,,,

I guess this one is a done deal
                Earlier, you happened to post as I was going through this forum's unanswered (to me) threads - so you'res got answered also. Since then I've been working on helping other customers...
                Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -
                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Sorry, my original post would not post? I wasn't sure if this forum had changed it's guidelines for posting?
                  Please Disregard. I was testing. " We will do a trick for you and guess your number " Not sure what this is all about at the top header of this page?

VB 3.8.4

New Admin's cannot log in.

Their Reg info is not accepted. They are reverted to a fresh login page.

No Plug Ins.

Thank you,

Comment

Why are you just reposting earlier posts?

Check your cookie settings. What are they?
                    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

I am keeping this in one thread. It is this forum that is posting in other threads. not me.
                      Brother,
                      It isn't a Cookie setting. I will give the password to my forum to anyone here from VB support that asks.

Go for it.

It isn't my Browser. Two PC's, plus a brand new PC, as of last week.

Comment

Deleted.

Comment

I'm out brother, this forum can die out, not going to go throug all this.

Total BS.

Be well,

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                            It's an attempt tinject a little humour into an otherwise boring maintenance notice

To troubleshoot this, first download a fresh copy of the vBulletin ZIP file from the Members Area then reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all plugins.Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php:

define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?
                            I'm out brother, this forum can die out, not going to go throug all this.

Total BS.

Be well,

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X