Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    vBulletin 3.8.5 is not compatible with PHP5.4. You need to either upgrade to 3.8.8 or downgrade to PHP5.3

Leave a comment:

• sodasusu
    replied
    same like me, error with clean install

Leave a comment:

• wda2015
    replied
    what version php u on?

Leave a comment:

• Dan!
    started a topic vB 3.8.5 - Strict Standards error

vB 3.8.5 - Strict Standards error

Hello everyone,

I have just downloaded my vBulletin software again as I wish to become a freelancer again. I have a full owner license with vB so have the older versions and the more up to date. I am currently trying to install vB 3.8.5 however I am getting these messages on the install page:

PHP Code:
    Strict StandardsNon-static method vB_Shutdown::init() should not be called staticallyassuming $this from incompatible context in /home/**website**/public_html/forums/vb3/includes/class_core.php on line 2555

Strict Standards
    Non-static method vBulletinHook::init() should not be called statically in /home/**website**/public_html/forums/vb3/install/init.php on line 212

Strict Standards
    Non-static method vBulletinHook::fetch_hook() should not be called statically in /home/**website**/public_html/forums/vb3/includes/adminfunctions.php on line 399

Strict Standards
    Non-static method vBulletinHook::init() should not be called statically in /home/**website**/public_html/forums/vb3/includes/class_hook.php on line 118 
    I have not yet got round to installing the current versions of vBulletin so am unsure yet if this relates to just vB3 or vB4/5 etc.

Would this be down to the PHP setup on my VPS? If so, how can I resolve this?

Thank you for taking the time to read. Really appreciate any help as this is preventing me from moving forward (I enter my license code and it doesn't process to the next page, it simply refreshes the page with no further information.

Cheers,
    Dan