All my users showing up as guests after forum restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All my users showing up as guests after forum restore

I made a backup when I was running 3.7.2 patch 1. I created a new instance of 3.7.2 patch 1 on my new hosting server. I then imported the backup. Then I upgraded to 3.7.2 patch 2.

When I'm in my CP and I search for all users, it only shows the one I created during the VB install, no one else! When I browse my forums, it shows all my users are unregistered guests. My forum says:

Threads: 2,718, Posts: 16,576, Members: 1

Any idea what I need to do?!

Thanks!

EDIT: NM, I restored an earlier backup and all if fine. Weird, backup must have been corrupt.

EDIT 2: Some are still messed up, grrr
    anguilla1980
    Last edited by anguilla1980; Thu 17 Oct '13, 10:05am.

Ok so restoring that other backup didn't totally fix everything.

Here is an example of my problem. Say user TEST123 had a post or thread, in some of them he shows up as a registered user just fine. In others, he is listed as guest even though his username is absolutely identical and it is the same person. The more recent posts are where he is shown as a registered user, older posts is where he is shown as a guest.

Is there anyway to associate a guest post with a user?! How can I resolve this?

Comment

You should just restore your complete backup to a new empty database. There is never a reason to install the software first.

Comment

Oh, didn't know that! I thought the backup was just all the data, not the files!

I discovered thru a search tho that this query fixes my issues:

UPDATE post SET userid='xxx' WHERE username='username';

but I get errors whenever the user has a ' in their name.

Comment

You should probably just do another restore.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X