X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user can't make topic and mee as well

my user can't make topic even me it's show me below error

403 - Permission Denied

You do not have permission to retrieve the URL or link you requested, /forums/newthread.php
    Please inform the administrator of the referring page, http://www.mknexusonline.com/forums/...ostthread&f=26
    if you think this was a mistake.

it shows me error below is topic without quote

Originally posted by The Joker
    Hey,

I made a tutorial but for some reason I can't start a new thread. Can you post this?

I received a message from MK Rayden asking me to put a tutorial on how to post images. DeviantArt users seemed to have problem posting their artwork so I'll put a simple way. I use Photobucket to host, it always worked for me.

1-First of all, go to photobucket.com. It's an image-hosting site which is reliable and free, my favorite one. Click on Sign Up to make a free account.

2-Enter your e-mail, password and other relevant information.

3-Once this is done, skip the next step, which is for extra space at a cost. Click on "Choose photos & videos". You can also drag & drop images to upload them.

4-Once your image is hosted, click on it (You can click on "Library" to see all the images you've uploaded).

5-On the right, you will see "Links to share this photo". Click on the "IMG" code, which is made for forums and simply paste it in your post, the image should appear normally.

I know some people don't like to have to sign up on sites to get this done but if you like to share artworks on forum boards, Photobucket is a useful tool that I, personally use all the time.

You can also use the IMG code on the forum and paste a DeviantArt image's url. I usually just right-click and choose "Copy image location", but you can also scroll down on an image's page, check on "Details" and there there will be a link for sharing.

I hope it will help our new users.
    Mortal Kombat Nexus
    Pleae read before buying Ryan

You will need to check the files & folders permissions, this can be done via FTP or SSH.

If the owner ship of the folders and files are not correct, that will require SSH w/ root access to fix.

Basic chmod permissions can be changed via FTP, if the ownership is correct, 644 for file, 755 for folders.
    Gentoo Geek

Comment

i checked all folders and files have 755 and 644 permission
      Mortal Kombat Nexus

Comment

Did you check the ownership of the file?

You should also check your error_log & system logs for this issue, you can tail the log file when trying this functionality on the site.
        Gentoo Geek

Comment

i checked all things but i didn't find this problem
          Mortal Kombat Nexus

Comment

As its a perm error & not being able to look at the server, im still gonna go w/ this being a improper perms issue.

You need to check the server logs as i previously suggested.
            Gentoo Geek

Comment

403's are typically caused by security applications. You should contact your webhost to see if your site has triggered any of their rules.

Comment