Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error when uploading multiple large files: Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error when uploading multiple large files: Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

This error comes up whenever someone attempts to upload multiple large files onto my board.

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Is there a way to stop this from happening? I'm assuming this is some type of setting to prevent users from using up too many resources?

I run a "kijiji / Craigslist" style website on vbulletin software where users almost always post ~20 pictures per post, and 99% of the time users upload images they took with their smartphones, which are ~ 3500 * 2500 / 2.5mb each image (from an iphone 5).

At this point I'm not worried about this taking up too much processing power on the server, as it's a paid website for big ticket items, and therefore It will never get to the point of multiple image uploads every minute of every day ... maybe 65 uploads a day maximum. User experience and ease of usability is all that matters.

N8
    Used Oilfield Equipment | Drilling Rigs For Sale

If your missing a security token, then your style is not up 2 date with your version of vbulletin or its one of the added hacks your using that is missing it.

Either way your going to have to track the issue from the php page & add the proper security token code to the correct template.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=177013
    Gentoo Geek

Comment

Originally posted by snakes1100 View Post
      If your missing a security token, then your style is not up 2 date with your version of vbulletin or its one of the added hacks your using that is missing it.

Either way your going to have to track the issue from the php page & add the proper security token code to the correct template.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=177013

The error only shows up when large files are uploaded though, if I try to upload 10 shrunken (ie 800*600px) images, it works just fine.
      N8
      Used Oilfield Equipment | Drilling Rigs For Sale

Comment

Then you will need to track this issue with more debugging, start with the server logs, apache's error_log, servers system log like messages
        Gentoo Geek

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X