Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I set a password for the admin user?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I set a password for the admin user?

I am using a vb 3.8.7 PL1

I can't login my admin account.

I tried to renew the password through "lost password" page. It didn't work.

I can connect to FTP and DBs via hosting control panel.

Are we hacked? (There is no deleted topics nor changed something)

How can I set a password for the admin user?
    incil, turkish christians, hristiyanlık, hristiyan olmak, hristiyan haber

You can either upload tools.php from the do_not_upload directory of your original install package and make a new user an admin, or if you have database access run this query-

BUT MAKE A DATABASE BACKUP FIRST-

Code:
    UPDATE [COLOR=#FF0000]user [/COLOR]AS user
    set password = MD5(concat(MD5('pass1234'), user.salt))
    WHERE userid = 1
    The above will reset the password of user with userid = 1 to pass1234.

If you use table prefixes you must put the prefix before the user in red in the query.

Hard to say if you've been hacked or just had a wrong password. Check if anything is changed, check if you have more Administrators then you had before.

Comment

THANK you. I'm gonna try these...

Comment

I could reset the password through running the query. I could login for a while. Then I couldn't login again.

Comment

While I had been in admin panel, I checked the other admins, there was no new admin and nothing has changed.

I see this message again:

Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

Comment

Are you using cloudflare or some other reverse proxy? If so it is likely all your users (including yourself) are coming in on the same IP address.

You can TRUNCATE the strikes table in the database to log in before it fills up with incorrect attempts again and see what IP address it being assigned to your posts. If it is not your real IP address then that is the problem. (always backup before manually edittng the database)

You can contact Cloudflare (or whatever service you are using) for suggested changes to the software to make it compatible. I know Paul M has a mod on vBulletin.org "Proxy to Real IP conversion" or something like that, it requires manual file edits, but it usually works for Cloudflare and similar services. As always with 3rd party mods if you need help you will need to ask in the mod thread, not here.

Comment

We had been using a Remote DDOS protection hosting, we closed it. Then, the problem has gone. You are right.

Comment