Moved servers and domains, admin login just refreshes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved servers and domains, admin login just refreshes

So i moved to a dedicated server and with it a new domain name to forward the rest of the old domains to. Having all sorts of issues but primarily i cant seem to get into the admincp. Anyway i try to log in, it just goes to /login.php?do=login and blanks out the form and doesnt go anywhere. I'm thinking its a cookie issue but i cant get into my board to get the customer number from my notes to download the do_not_upload tools.php file so i can reset it.
    What should i do...

Here is a page from the manual about troubleshooting blank or 'white' pages: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages

Usually, if you get a blank page, then there is something in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) that will point to the issue. So, please check those at the time of the unsuccessful login.

If you have a new domain, then it could be a cookie issue if you have the old domain in the cookie settings. Upload the tools.php file from your do_not_upload directory into your /admincp directory and point your browser to it and then follow the instructions to reset your cookie domain. If you don't remember your license number, then put in a ticket and we can help you with that. (Your license number is at the top of your files which you will see when you ftp to your site.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

yeah its not blank, just gives me the "logging in..." screen then goes back to the user: pass: screen again.

oh perfect, thanks, i can get the license from ftp.

Comment

Yeah it was a domain issue with the cookies not matching the domain.

Also, any ideas as to why the attachments no longer work? Checked the directory: images/member_attachments and its 777 but some reason it wont load them on the board.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X