Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Please - URLs are disabled in forum I just took over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please - URLs are disabled in forum I just took over...

We just took over a forum, 986Forum.com. This forum had a lawsuit against it a few years ago due to users posting links to content, etc., so the admins disabled the linking functions on the board. I for the life of me cannot figure out how to re-enable them! I've done the following:

- They were originally on version 3.0, renewed the license and upgraded the latest 3X, 3.8.7 - so there should be no "code hacks" in there, as all the files should be new
    - Set the permissions in the usergroups to allow link BB code (links don't work if I post them as an admin)
    - Checked the permissions in the forums themselves
    - Created a brand new forum with no restrictions - still doesn't work
    - Checked all the permissions on my administrator group
    - Checked AdminCP options (did I miss one somewhere?)

Please help?

Thx,

Wayne
    Last edited by pelicanparts; Fri 23rd Sep '11, 9:26am.

Are there any plugins for this:

AdminCP > Plugins & Products > Manage Products
    AdminCP > Plugins & Products > Plugin Manager
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
    - "Quick Route" Interface...
    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

Nope, just the plugins that I have put in since upgrading (VBSEO). Nothing to prevent the links from coming up.

thx,

Wayne

Comment

Could there be a legacy setting in an old version that is still active in 3.8.7, but the control to turn on / off has been removed (or transferred to the UserCP). My next step is to take a look at the 3.0 setup (it's running on another server) to see if I can restore links on that version.

But I feel I must be missing *something*. There are no template modifications (had to go through them for the upgrade), and the code is new too (uploaded all new files with the upgrade).

thx,

Wayne

Comment

Okay, after going through miles of code and lots of testing, it seems to be a small bug of some type related to moving from 3.0.0 to 3.8.7? The option to enable HTML BB code was indeed set in the control panel, so I unset it, and then reset it again, and now it works.

-Wayne

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X