Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing vBulletin Core Files - Calender, Archive, Etc Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing vBulletin Core Files - Calender, Archive, Etc Question?

Disabled: Calender, Archive, Memberlist, Albums, And A Few Other Things.

So I've removed them for all the style templates, turned them off in the options areas, etc. But I'm not a fan of keeping things on my server that I don't have to. In short I always try to strip everything down to the bare minimum by removing as much as possible. (Personal preference).

Now my question is.

What will happen if I remove those php files? Ie. Deleting the entire FTP folder for Calender? I'm aware the Calender area in the admin cp area would 404, but that's fine with me. As long as the admin cp and core of the forum still works.. Just love to just remove what's not needed, and I know it's not required, but it's what I prefer..

Also will this affect updates when installing a new version? I'm assuming vB updates will just replace the files I deleted or do nothing at all if the calender doesn't get updated?

Thanks!

We could not officially support this. Personally I wouldn't worry about php files for software that you use but have disabled elements of. Just leave them in place.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X