Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Try disabling that plugin temporarily and see if it makes a difference.

Leave a comment:

• lazserus
    replied
    When I edit the post and look, the link is surrounded by BBCode IMG tags. But I think the previous admin has a plugin installed that automatically parses links to images, therefore creating the IMG tags. If that's truly the case, that would be what's bypassing the minimum character requirements? I wouldn't have even thought to look if you hadn't asked about automatic parsing.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Are the images actually inside BBCode or links which are being parsed to show the image?

Leave a comment:

• lazserus
    started a topic Minimum Characters + Code

Minimum Characters + Code

If this has already been answered, I apologize for wasting anyone's time. I did not see any apparent options to work out this issue. I have a minimum character limit for posts: users must type at least 10 characters before posting. Superficially this seems all well and good, but it looks to me the software counts code as characters. Therefore, my having 10 minimum characters before a post is submitted is overruled by someone posting an image using BB code, since the code is registered as characters.

Is there a way to disable the forums recognizing BB code as characters? Or do I have to work around this and beef up my minimum characters to 100?