Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between phrases

Hi people!

On my board I have set that new users will be moderated. When I go to the moderationpanel in de admin, below that you have the field 'Email options' to send a message to the users when you accepted them.
    Now I changed that message and a user gave me a comment as reply on that message. I was surprised to see that it was not the message which I made in de admin as stated above.

A bit searching in the phrases gave me 2 sets. Now I am confused about the difference between them.

First phrase: moderation_validated
    Second phrase: send_email_to_accepted_users

Under 'E-mail options' the phrase' send_email_to_accepted_users is shown and it is active. I also was thinking this was the message which was send to the users which I moderated.
    But that was not the case. The message which was sended was the phrase in moderation_validated

Can anyone tell me what the difference of use between these phrases are and why the message under 'Email options' is not the one which is sended?
    try not. do, or do not. there is no try
    Master Yoda

Nobody?
    Master Yoda

Comment

Send email to users who have been accepted is the phrase that literally asks you if you want to send the email, yes or no. It is NOT the e-mail message itself.

moderation_validated is the body of the actual email.

I would think you might have noticed this when you edited/translated the original phrase.

Comment

These phrases I show here above are the titles of the body containing the message. Both have different text in them, but the meaning seems the same.

Below the moderationque the message which (should be) send is shown, but it is not the one which is send when members are accepted.
        Master Yoda

Comment

BirdOPrey5 is correct, send_email_to_accepted_users is literally "Send email to users who have been accepted".

There are two instances of moderation_validated, one as an Email Subject Text Phrase and one as an Email Body Text Phrase. Those phrase groups should speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by masterme View Post
            These phrases I show here above are the titles of the body containing the message. Both have different text in them, but the meaning seems the same.

Below the moderationque the message which (should be) send is shown, but it is not the one which is send when members are accepted.
            If they both contain a body of an email message then someone messed up send_email_to_accepted_users at some point because it's just supposed to be that one short sentence.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X