• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    Nope. I have it on my 3.8 board:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]54916[/ATTACH]

What version are you running? And have you tried a totally default style?
    Intriguing. Chances are in my case it's from an old template if it was added during the life of 3.x.

Doesn't matter for me since I'm on 4.x now and it shows up for me on there. TBH I never knew that option even existed, though I still like my DIY script anyway. Be interesting to know why the OP cannot see it though.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Nope. I have it on my 3.8 board:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-08-27 at 5.09.28 PM.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	3683213

What version are you running? And have you tried a totally default style?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
    I don't see a New Items section... just Moderated Items or Deleted Items...? What's the direct URL for the new items section?
    I have a sneaking suspicion that section might be vB4 only.

It's on my 4.1.3 board but looking at the final "mirror" I kept of 3.8.6 before upgrading, it isn't there.

Leave a comment:

• Tim L. Walker
    replied
    Then you are clicking on Moderated Items > Visitor Messages, not New Items > Visitor Messages which is what I said to click on.
    I don't see a New Items section... just Moderated Items or Deleted Items...? What's the direct URL for the new items section?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
    That only shows ones that are waiting in moderation, though... (which is 0).
    Then you are clicking on Moderated Items > Visitor Messages, not New Items > Visitor Messages which is what I said to click on.

Leave a comment:

• Tim L. Walker
    replied
    Go to your Forums > Settings (upper right) > Moderation (left side) > New Items > Visitor Messages
    That only shows ones that are waiting in moderation, though... (which is 0).

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Go to your Forums > Settings (upper right) > Moderation (left side) > New Items > Visitor Messages

Leave a comment:

• Tim L. Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Your end users can notify you of spam by reporting any problematic visitor messages and/or private messages. Depending on how you have your system set up, this creates a message in a forum and/or emails you the report. If the user is a known spammer, you can go to their user profile in the Admin CP and delete all the visitor messages and private messages they sent using the Quick User Links drop down menu.
    Spammers tend to target inactive accounts for these messages, so they rarely get noticed....

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Your end users can notify you of spam by reporting any problematic visitor messages and/or private messages. Depending on how you have your system set up, this creates a message in a forum and/or emails you the report. If the user is a known spammer, you can go to their user profile in the Admin CP and delete all the visitor messages and private messages they sent using the Quick User Links drop down menu.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You could run this query to view all Visitor Messages:

SELECT postusername, pagetext FROM visitormessage;

Leave a comment:

• Tim L. Walker
    replied
    Care to share?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    I wrote a nifty little script that does this, it shows the last 20 messages.
    It doesn't filter private VMs though so it has to be admin only.

Click the image to view full size.

Leave a comment:

• Tim L. Walker
    replied
    LOL. Not likely with 20k+ members. :P Consider this a request for that feature.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Other than checking for Moderated Visitor Messages in the Admin CP, there is no specific function for that except to go through user profiles one by one.

Leave a comment:

• Tim L. Walker
    replied
    Hmmm... strange. Any ideas how to track down spam posted by users as visitor messages, then?

Leave a comment: