Seeing All Visitor Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing All Visitor Messages

Is there a way for an admin to browse through all the visitor messages posted? Trying to track down a bunch of visitor message spam...
    PhotographyCorner.com

No sorry, there is no interface to do that.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hmmm... strange. Any ideas how to track down spam posted by users as visitor messages, then?
      PhotographyCorner.com

Comment

Other than checking for Moderated Visitor Messages in the Admin CP, there is no specific function for that except to go through user profiles one by one.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

LOL. Not likely with 20k+ members. :P Consider this a request for that feature.
          PhotographyCorner.com

Comment

I wrote a nifty little script that does this, it shows the last 20 messages.
            It doesn't filter private VMs though so it has to be admin only.

Click the image to view full size.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Care to share?
              PhotographyCorner.com

Comment

You could run this query to view all Visitor Messages:

SELECT postusername, pagetext FROM visitormessage;

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Your end users can notify you of spam by reporting any problematic visitor messages and/or private messages. Depending on how you have your system set up, this creates a message in a forum and/or emails you the report. If the user is a known spammer, you can go to their user profile in the Admin CP and delete all the visitor messages and private messages they sent using the Quick User Links drop down menu.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    Your end users can notify you of spam by reporting any problematic visitor messages and/or private messages. Depending on how you have your system set up, this creates a message in a forum and/or emails you the report. If the user is a known spammer, you can go to their user profile in the Admin CP and delete all the visitor messages and private messages they sent using the Quick User Links drop down menu.
                    Spammers tend to target inactive accounts for these messages, so they rarely get noticed....
                    PhotographyCorner.com

Comment

Go to your Forums > Settings (upper right) > Moderation (left side) > New Items > Visitor Messages

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                        Go to your Forums > Settings (upper right) > Moderation (left side) > New Items > Visitor Messages
                        That only shows ones that are waiting in moderation, though... (which is 0).
                        PhotographyCorner.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
                          That only shows ones that are waiting in moderation, though... (which is 0).
                          Then you are clicking on Moderated Items > Visitor Messages, not New Items > Visitor Messages which is what I said to click on.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                            Then you are clicking on Moderated Items > Visitor Messages, not New Items > Visitor Messages which is what I said to click on.
                            I don't see a New Items section... just Moderated Items or Deleted Items...? What's the direct URL for the new items section?
                            PhotographyCorner.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tim L. Walker View Post
                              I don't see a New Items section... just Moderated Items or Deleted Items...? What's the direct URL for the new items section?
                              I have a sneaking suspicion that section might be vB4 only.

It's on my 4.1.3 board but looking at the final "mirror" I kept of 3.8.6 before upgrading, it isn't there.
                              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment