• Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Glad to hear it.

Leave a comment:

• attroll
    replied
    I wanted to follow up and let you know that that was my problem. Once I raised my hourly email limit on my server then all the mail was getting delivered. Thank you for your patients.

Leave a comment:

• attroll
    replied
    Steve and Wayne, thank you for the help. I think I might have this problem solved. I found that on my serve that it was limited to sending only 90 mails per hour. I raised that and made it unlimited. I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping this was the problem. I will be watching it for the next day or two to see if the problem is resolved. I will keep you posted.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by attroll View Post
    No I did not create the new post. Another user created the new post.
    My email is working. Let me explain a little further in case I did not before.

If I subscribe to a thread with "instant email notifications" and someone replies to it then I do get email notifications.
    If I subscribe to a forum with "daily notifications" and someone replies in the forum then I do not get email notifications daily like I am suppose to.
    You have all your scheduled tasks enabled and working properly?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Then as I said before post #9 is still applicable. Nothing has changed.

Leave a comment:

• attroll
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Did you create the new post? The system is smart enough to not send the email if the only new posts are by the user that would receive the email.
    No I did not create the new post. Another user created the new post.
    My email is working. Let me explain a little further in case I did not before.

If I subscribe to a thread with "instant email notifications" and someone replies to it then I do get email notifications.
    If I subscribe to a forum with "daily notifications" and someone replies in the forum then I do not get email notifications daily like I am suppose to.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by attroll View Post
    I have tested this myself after my users have complained that they were not getting the Daily subscription notification emails.
    I subscribed to a forum and set it to Daily Notifications.
    I verified that there was a new post posted in that forum.
    The Daily Digest ran at 00:02 and I did not receive any notification in my email.
    Did you create the new post? The system is smart enough to not send the email if the only new posts are by the user that would receive the email.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    We're there new threads posted to the forum after you subscribed and before the email went out?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Post #9 is still applicable. Next step is to check the server email logs and setup the vB email logs.

Leave a comment:

• attroll
    replied
    I have tested this myself after my users have complained that they were not getting the Daily subscription notification emails.
    I subscribed to a forum and set it to Daily Notifications.
    I verified that there was a new post posted in that forum.
    The Daily Digest ran at 00:02 and I did not receive any notification in my email.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    The user can check his own subscriptions here: subscription.php?folderid=0

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What is the last time run? These are automatically logged by default, so have you checked the scheduled task logs?

Leave a comment:

• attroll
    replied
    They are both check marked and set to run on. They seem to be right.
    Daily = 0 * * *
    Weekly = 0 * * Mon

Is there any way to test these two cron jobs to see if they are getting run. I did a manual by clicking RUN ME NOW and all it said was DONE.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The Daily Digest and Weekly Digest scheduled tasks send these.

Leave a comment:

• attroll
    replied
    Trevor
    I am a little confused by what you saying now. Could you please explain.

All my scheduled task are enabled. Which scheduled task would that fall under?
    How do I set up email logging as per the link you are referring to?
    Is that done on the server or somewhere in VB?

Thank you for working with me on this.

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    Are the Scheduled Tasks enabled for these and running OK? Have you tried setting up the Email Logging to a file as per that link to see if they're actually being sent?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X