Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum loading wrong server path. How to change it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum loading wrong server path. How to change it?

Hi,

I just moved my vb forum onto a new server. The forum works fine a part from when it comes to uploading or viewing uploads. Whether it be attachments or album uploads. ( avatars still work fine though ).

I found why this is, when trying to upload. Its trying to upload to this server path: /home/oldcpanelusername/public_html/site-name/forums/images/album_images

My new server has a different cpanel name and thus the server path is: /home/newcpanelusername/public_html/forums/images/album_images

Where in vbulletin can I change this so that it loads the correct server path?

The file you need to edit is config.php. It is located in the includes folder. The path statement is right around line number 103.

Jim
    If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
    www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

Originally posted by eJM View Post
      The file you need to edit is config.php. It is located in the includes folder. The path statement is right around line number 103.

Jim
      Hi,

Thanks, I edited the config file with the correct path. However when I try doing things like uploading a picture to an album, the forum still tries to load the old forum path?

Comment

Have you given the new server enough time to propagate? It can sometimes take a day or two. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and cookies? Are other members having the same problem? Have you contacted your host about this issue?

Jim
        If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
        www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

Originally posted by eJM View Post
          Have you given the new server enough time to propagate? It can sometimes take a day or two. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and cookies? Are other members having the same problem? Have you contacted your host about this issue?

Jim
          Yep, its been over 48 hours and has fully propagated. Ive tried clearing browser's cache and cookies, using different browsers and flushing my dns. There are many other members of the forum reporting the same problem, so it is site wide.

I haven't contacted my host as it seems like more of a vbulletin issue. They don't have experience with vbulletin as a CMS, so I thought I would ask on the vbulletin forums first.

Comment

In AdminCP > Attachments > Attachment Storage Type, what do you have there?
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
              In AdminCP > Attachments > Attachment Storage Type, what do you have there?
              It says: Attachments are currently being stored in the database

Comment

Sorry, should have also asked you to check:

AdminCP > User Albums > Album Picture Storage Type
                Vote for:

-

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                  Sorry, should have also asked you to check:

AdminCP > User Albums > Album Picture Storage Type
                  It says: Album pictures are currently being stored in the file system without direct access to thumbnails

Comment

Please fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                    Vote for:

-

Comment

This issue was submitted through a support ticket and has now been solved. This thread can be closed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X