Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Would You Add Adsense in Private Message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Would You Add Adsense in Private Message?

How would you add Adsense within the private message itself?

Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	3721036

Originally posted by netblix View Post
    How would you add Adsense within the private message itself?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54308[/ATTACH]
    Private messages are PRIVATE,adsense would not know what kind of adds to place there.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

agree, but google crawler can scan contents (just like any other pages) and display back relevant ads or they'd just display their infamous public ads section.. does not matter.

just want to fill in that empty slot.. anyone with same interests here?

Comment

Originally posted by netblix View Post
        agree, but google crawler can scan contents (just like any other pages)
        No, the crawler cannot reach those pages.

Comment

It would be the postbit template, under $post[message].Put the ad code in this conditional:

<if condition="THIS_SCRIPT == 'private' ">
          ad code here
          </if>

They won't be targeted ads but there will be ads.

Comment

Isn't there some rule about not showing ads on pages that have next to no content, or are not generally accessable?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              Isn't there some rule about not showing ads on pages that have next to no content, or are not generally accessable?
              You're not supposed to put ads on pages with no content, but when Kier was here he said they worked with Google to find acceptable ad-location templates in VB 3.8. Ad locations like the footer would show on every page, including registration pages which are usually not allowed by Google- my guess was Google didn't care at the time since people usually only visit a register page once if at all.

However a PM is like a post, there is content- and there is no rule about it not being accessible- in fact you could give a username and password to the adsense spider to let it view private content if you wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
                However a PM is like a post, there is content- and there is no rule about it not being accessible- in fact you could give a username and password to the adsense spider to let it view private content if you wanted.
                Even an admin cannot read the users' PMs without modification.
                There could be thousands of users but you could give only one username and one password.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
                  ... you could give a username and password to the adsense spider to let it view private content if you wanted.
                  No one that I know of has ever been able to do that successfully in vB3.x. I even sought help from a Google tech support agent and his code didn't work either. I do get Adsense ads in private forums, but they aren't relevant ads.

Jim
                  If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
                  www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X