Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

admincp and modcp cannot access anymore..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • admincp and modcp cannot access anymore..

    Im using vb3.8.

    All of a sudden my admincp and modcp are no longer accessible.. I know I recorded the username and password but when I enter them, it goes to the forum index and says "Wrong username or password." I dont know what's wrong but I can log in with my admin account in the forum..

    Is there a way to recover those accounts? I used the tools.php, I clicked the reset the access..deleted the file after, still not working.. For some reasons after almost a year of not visiting my site, this is happening...It should be fine but its not..
    Carpet Cleaning Tips
    Carpet Cleaning Tips Forum

  • #2
    why wait a year you still have ftp access you can take the info from the config and use some of that to connect to navicat and access that way

    Comment


    • #3
      To restore your Admin status, download the vB zip file for your version, then extract the 'tools.php' script from the 'do_not_upload' folder. Then upload this file to your Admin CP directory and run it from your browser. Use the appropriate option to promote your user to Admin using this option:

      [Reset Admin Access]

      Then immediately remove this script.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

      Steve Machol Photography


      Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


      Comment


      • #4
        to hawk,

        I opened my config file.. there's nothing in there that will help me.....just database configuration only...

        to steve,
        that's what I did... and nothing happened..

        what if i upgrade to vb 4.. will my configuaration still the same??
        Carpet Cleaning Tips
        Carpet Cleaning Tips Forum

        Comment


        • #5
          you can use that info to login with navicat done it may times $config['MasterServer']['servername'] as long as this is not localhost you use this as the ip

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by rainbowsix View Post
            to hawk,

            I opened my config file.. there's nothing in there that will help me.....just database configuration only...

            to steve,
            that's what I did... and nothing happened..

            what if i upgrade to vb 4.. will my configuaration still the same??
            That will work with a valid account. What is the exact issue you are having. Please provide all relevant data.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

            Steve Machol Photography


            Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hawk2 View Post
              you can use that info to login with navicat done it may times $config['MasterServer']['servername'] as long as this is not localhost you use this as the ip
              That has nothing to do with this issue. It's the Admin and Mod CPs he can't access, not the database.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

              Steve Machol Photography


              Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                That will work with a valid account. What is the exact issue you are having. Please provide all relevant data.
                the problem is I cannot access my admincp and modcp... .. I key in the username and password and then it goes to the main forum saying that "my username and password are wrong" .. you have 1 of 5 chance something like that...
                Carpet Cleaning Tips
                Carpet Cleaning Tips Forum

                Comment


                • #9
                  Post #3 will work with a valid account. If not, then you don't have a valid account and you should register a new one. Then try tools.php with that.
                  Last edited by Steve Machol; Sun 17 Jul '11, 4:00pm.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                  Steve Machol Photography


                  Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                    That has nothing to do with this issue. It's the Admin and Mod CPs he can't access, not the database.
                    it has he can make a new account and give it admin from navicat and from that can change his password on his other account done it before myself

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Hawk2 View Post
                      it has he can make a new account and give it admin from navicat and from that can change his password on his other account done it before myself
                      what is navicat??
                      Carpet Cleaning Tips
                      Carpet Cleaning Tips Forum

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        http://www.navicat.com/en/products/n..._overview.html
                        I use the same program to connect to my db so what hawk2 said is right

                        Comment

                        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X