Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    Don't look at the cron error log (it isn't a real cron job), look at your basic apache error_logs.

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    There are no errors in the cron error log. I've tried more than 1 story at a time. Does vb log any error messages with respect to this if the RSS cron fails?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    That is really weird I'm not sure what would be causing it, have you tried telling it to pull more than 1 story at a time?

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Have you checked your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) to see if perhaps there is a timeout error with that cron job or some other error occuring?

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    Hi, we are still having issues with this problem. Again the issues seem to be limited only to this one forum (out of the 5 that are run from this server). We just upgraded to 3.8.7 pl2 to be sure it wasn't a problem related to not having the latest vb software installed. This particular forum DOES have the name of the admin directory changed to a less obvious directory name. This is the only forum on this server on which we have done this. We made the corresponding change to the config.php file. Everything else seems to work but we are now wondering if the admin directory name switch might cause the RSS feature to malfunction.

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    Yes and I have that same feed feeding other forums properly as well. But on this forum the last post from it was 7/15/11.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I've got that same feed running on my server, the most recent tip it put out was cleaning a squirrel, and that is the last one imported on my forum.

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    Yes, that feed is updated multiple times per day and no posts have been made. The only time it did work was when I "pushed" it by telling to to run all scheduled RSS feeds manually.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Are you positive that there are new items after 60 min that have not been posted, to post?

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    Yes and yes. I have posted using that name before in the destination forum that is desired.
    Last edited by wacnstac; Tue 19th Jul '11, 4:26pm.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Tips and tricks is open for posting?
    The user "Leave a Tip" is a valid user?

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    Gladly:

Click image for larger version

Name:	rss.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	3682885

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Can you take a screeen shot of your settings for the rssfeed?

Leave a comment:

• wacnstac
    replied
    Here's one:
    http://app.outdoorhub.com/oh/appfram...feed=OH_How_To
    it was checked at 5pm today. Should have found lots of new items, but it posted none.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    What is the rss feed(s) you are trying to pull from?

Leave a comment: